How to force contracts to appear (Explore Minmus, things like that) using F12?

I know that Minmus contracts have always been a bit weird.  You have to engage in the right missions in the right order to unlock it or something, and whatever it is that I do, I never unlock the minmus missions.  So I'll get "Explore the Mun", with rewards for fly-by, landing, science returned, and then vehicle returned.  And after a while I get a "Explore Duna" with the same deal.  I almost never see the Minmus equivelant, and I've learned to live with it.

But now I'm worried that it's gone even further and skipped Minmus and Duna.  I'm getting ready to land my first guy on the Mun, and this is around the time I would also send an unmanned probe to Duna.  I got a prototype Twin-Boar, so I'll probably have enough deltaV for a sample return mission, which is really cool.  But... instead of the usual Explore Duna, I got a "Place a satellite in a specific orbit of Duna."  This usually comes after, so I think Duna Explore was skipped.

I heard people mention on the forums that you can use F12 to force contracts to appear, but I'm not sure how it works.  The new F12 is really consfusing me. Another thing I don't know how to do anymore (that's unrelated to the contract stuff) is the option that shows all of the biomes.  That used to be in F12, but where exactly it is now... I don't know.

Yes, I'm able to summon the cheat menu, but where in that menu do you force contracts to appear?  I can terminate existing contracts, accept the ones listed, or remove the ones in the archive.  There's also a tab called tools that offers... "Reset Contract Weights", "Regenerate Current Contracts", "Clear Current Contracts", or "Clear Finished Contracts".  I get the feeling that some of those can cause game-breaking things if I don't use them properly.  Which one allows me to force Minmus or Duna missions that won't appear?

2 hours ago, PTNLemay said:

Yes, I'm able to summon the cheat menu, but where in that menu do you force contracts to appear?  I can terminate existing contracts, accept the ones listed, or remove the ones in the archive.  There's also a tab called tools that offers... "Reset Contract Weights", "Regenerate Current Contracts", "Clear Current Contracts", or "Clear Finished Contracts".  I get the feeling that some of those can cause game-breaking things if I don't use them properly.  Which one allows me to force Minmus or Duna missions that won't appear?

"Explore" contracts are limited to appearing one at a time. If you have one in your contracts list (for the Mun, perhaps), you cannot have another at the same time for anywhere else, no matter how you do it. There were bugs in the contract system for 1.1.3 that prevented Explore contracts from apearing, but that was fixed in 1.2. So you should definitely get them -- except that there is another rule that you can't get an Explore contract to do something you've already done. If you've already planted a flag on Minmus, you will never get another explore contract for Minmus. But the instant you complete one Explore contract, or let one expire in the contracts list without accepting it, you will immediately get another -- usually for some other destination.

Thank you bewing, I wasn't aware of that.

I just need to finish the Mun one then.

EDIT:
Where did the "Mark question as answered" option go?  Isn't it usually somewhere in the original post?

Edited by PTNLemay

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.