hello guys, I have lately got mechjeb and i was wondering why i cannot get the parts,. i can see them when I research them but i cannot get them, the only part i can get is the first part (forgot what it is called, mechjeb ar02 case?) but it does not seem to work. please help me!!;.;

Mechjeb doesn't add any more parts beyond the first case, instead, unlocking the other cases unlocks mechjeb's different autopilot modes.  You may need to reinstall the case on a craft in order to enable the new modes on an existing saved ship.  Once you have a case installed, you should see a tab with the different modes on your screen, of course the flight modes will only appear once you're in a vehicle, they won't show in the VAB/SPH.

two things

1. basically the other cases you can see are just updates of the first one?

2. I still cant get the tabs outside the vab/sph. I tried re-installing mechjeb but it didn't work, could I maybe not install it properly, tell me how you are installing your mods, if I'm doing it differently than I will do your way to see if it works

Edited by Archibald1936

The mechjeb part that you have needs to be on a craft both inside the VAB or SPH and in flight. Folder named, mechjeb 2 needs to be in the Gamedata folder. The one with the squad file/folder in it. Hope this helps. 

Edited by bonyetty

Yes, each case you have listed in the tech tree unlocks some of the features for the first case you unlock.

Open the zip file and put the MechJeb2 folder in GameData, that's it.  If you're seeing the case, then you have it installed correctly.  All you have to do is attach the case to your spacecraft

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.