How to install Realism overhaul?

Laxerbro

Due to recent changes with CKAN I can't find the mods needed to play KSP with Realism Overhaul. Does anyone know how to install it?

I also want to keep it separate from my Steam folder if someone can help me with it. 

Edited by Laxerbro

Forget CKAN.  I never use it.

Just go to the RO page and find the list of mods.  Then find the page of each mod and download it individually.  To install, just copy each mod to your Gamedata folder.  If the mod archive has a Gamedata folder, copy it to the base KSP folder so it merges into Gamedata.  If the mod doesn't have a Gamedata folder, then copy it to the Gamedata folder of KSP.

There haven't been any significant changes to the CKAN client or the repository. It's not yet listed for the current version of KSP because not all of its dependencies have made releases that are marked as compatible with this KSP version.

Your options are to either wait for that to happen or go to this release thread, find the list of dependencies and install them separately. The first post there goes in to some detail on both kinds of installation.

I couldn't find a definitive "this is how you copy KSP out of your Steam folder" guide in my three minutes of looking, but literally all you need to do is find it in your Steam folder, and copy it somewhere else. You can going to the game properties in Steam, select the Local Files tab and then hit the "Browse Local Files" button. That will open the KSP folder in a file manager. From there, you should be able to copy the game to wherever is convenient.

33 minutes ago, stibbons said:

There haven't been any significant changes to the CKAN client or the repository. It's not yet listed for the current version of KSP because not all of its dependencies have made releases that are marked as compatible with this KSP version.

Your options are to either wait for that to happen or go to this release thread, find the list of dependencies and install them separately. The first post there goes in to some detail on both kinds of installation.

I couldn't find a definitive "this is how you copy KSP out of your Steam folder" guide in my three minutes of looking, but literally all you need to do is find it in your Steam folder, and copy it somewhere else. You can going to the game properties in Steam, select the Local Files tab and then hit the "Browse Local Files" button. That will open the KSP folder in a file manager. From there, you should be able to copy the game to wherever is convenient.

I got it out of my steam folder, but I still can't find the mods needed for RO to work on CKAN.

Edited by Laxerbro

1 hour ago, Geschosskopf said:

Forget CKAN.  I never use it.

Just go to the RO page and find the list of mods.  Then find the page of each mod and download it individually.  To install, just copy each mod to your Gamedata folder.  If the mod archive has a Gamedata folder, copy it to the base KSP folder so it merges into Gamedata.  If the mod doesn't have a Gamedata folder, then copy it to the Gamedata folder of KSP.

It's not working 

11 hours ago, Laxerbro said:

I got it out of my steam folder, but I still can't find the mods needed for RO to work on CKAN.

Like I said, the reason Realism Overhaul isn't listed on CKAN yet is that not all of its dependencies have been properly updated to support 1.2.1. If you want to try to install them, you'll need to go to the release thread, find the list of dependencies, and install them manually.

57 minutes ago, Epox75 said:

If you want to play with RO and use ckan, you must use the version 1.1.3 of KSP. There is no compatibility, because of the many dependencies, with RO and KSP 1.2.1

Well how do I go back to 1.2.1 on steam then?

27 minutes ago, Laxerbro said:

Well how do I go back to 1.2.1 on steam then?

From Steam go to the Library, right click on Kerbal Space Program >> Properties >> Betas >> Select 1.1.3. And anyway I didn't know that either before you asked. Try to use google next time.

Edited by Epox75

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.