Double encounters in one trajectory

Try to make an 2 encounters before reaching the first encounter.

It's possible, but difficult.

The trick is that after the first encounter, there is another set of close encounters (Those gray/white arrows that show the distance from you to the target aka a planet and/or moon)

If you don't see anything or don't know what I am talking about, go to your settings and set your Conic Patch Limit to max (6) and Conic Patch Draw Mode to Dynamic.

For more of a challenge you can do 1 or more of these ideas:

1. Escape  with the same or different planet/moon.
  2. Orbital  break (get into orbit from an escape trajectory)
  3. Pick up
  4. Drop down

The trick to do the first 2 is to focus on the planet/moon, if the orbital path is behind the planet/moon's direction of orbit then you'll speed up and the same thing doing the opposite.

Please reply if you are having problems or have other ideas. 

Edited by InterStellarExplorerKid983

On 11/24/2016 at 11:48 AM, eloquentJane said:

I often get these whilst transferring to the Mun. Once I even had the potential for 3 consecutive flybys, whilst transferring from a station in high cismunar orbit (I can't remember the orbit altitude but I think it was a synchronous station).

I once also got a triple encounter with the Mun, and just today i did a double with Laythe. I defenitely think that this isn't a challenge, its not even that hard considering how often you accidentally do it.

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.