Au x Hakuto Robotic Entry for X-Prize

Clipperride

Exploring the lava tubes? How is it going to enter one? Jump from the skylight?

"the electronic circuit part has been designed to keep between -25°c and – 60°c"

Cool. How's it gonna do that?

"the inclination of the side bodies, which are equipped the solar panels,  is 70° which is the most effective when receiving solar energy"

No, it's not, unless the Sun happens to shine at exactly tht angle and the rover is pointed in the correct direction, something that is quite likely not going to be the case.

"and an infrared camera to know the distance of an obstacle"

Hmmm... Does not make sense.

I'd like to see some actual data, not just some ramblings of a blog poster.

Go check out Dave Jones from EEVblog and the Audi sponsored X prize competitor. There is some actual data there, along with calculations and compromises they had to make.

6 hours ago, Shpaget said:

"the inclination of the side bodies, which are equipped the solar panels,  is 70° which is the most effective when receiving solar energy"

I imagine that the 70° angle provides the most energy throughout a Lunar day based on the missions planned longitude.

I agree the piece is light on technical details, but I enjoyed the video.

Ah, one of the teams riding with Astrobotic? Better hope those guys finalize their launch contract soon.

Only three teams have launch contracts verified by the X-Prize foundation so far, and Astrobotic is not among them. Deadline for submitting a contract for verification is the end of 2016 - a mere month away.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.