Low Frames with multiple craft

Spoiler

This has been an ongoing problem for me, but basically if I have more than 3 ships (min) loaded at the same time, my frames will tank to 10 (if I'm lucky)

All I wanna do is alleviate some of this to get less jumpy gameplay, not necessarily make the frames buttery smooth. ('cause that, ofc, isn't practical with KSP lol)

I usually play with Scatterer and SVE/EVE, but it doesn't matter whether or not they're installed.

Full mods list (screenshots):

I also run the game with -force-d3d11 at the end.

I've heard some speculation that B9pWings eat up frames too (which is what I use for all my craft), but I dunno if that's true.

This only happens with a modded install. On another (mostly unmodded) one, I can have up to 7 craft before I loose any frames. And even then it's only 5-10 frames lost (from a 60+fps)

Edit: Modding a clean save (adding one mod at a time, starting with the bigger ones like BDA and stock revamp), loading craft with b9pwings doesn't affect my frames until about 5.
TL:DR not convinced it's just a mod making the game low on frames.

I have heard that 1.2.1 has a memory leak, but again, unsure of it's validity. (Altho it IS ksp lol)

TL:DR

I've done a bunch of testing and have come up with 4 potential suspects:
Aviators Arsenal
Airplane Plus
Firespitter
Naval Artillery Systems.

So, now the question is:
Are any of the afore mentioned mods known to kill frames with multiple craft?

Edited by stickman939

I use Firespitter (Recently updated btw) on my 2013 MacBook Pro so I doubt its that. I also use B9 and BDA among other big mods. I assume you're talking about multiple crafts being within loading distance of each other and your current craft (or do you mean just multiple crafts being in the Kerbin system in general?) Either way, it depends on the hardware you use obviously but with a heavily modded KSP, you can expect low frames (probably not 10 though)

You have quite a few mods so it's difficult to know exactly what ones could be having bad interactions with each other and/or KSP. If you think you have narrowed it down to those four, I suggest installing only those mods and making a new save with several large complex crafts to stress test and see how it runs.

On 11/28/2016 at 7:22 AM, Gianni1122 said:

I use Firespitter (Recently updated btw) on my 2013 MacBook Pro so I doubt its that. I also use B9 and BDA among other big mods. I assume you're talking about multiple crafts being within loading distance of each other and your current craft (or do you mean just multiple crafts being in the Kerbin system in general?) Either way, it depends on the hardware you use obviously but with a heavily modded KSP, you can expect low frames (probably not 10 though)

Generally I get 60fps with more than 5 craft in load range, but but if the crafts have those mods I'll loose frames exponentially.

On 11/28/2016 at 7:22 AM, Gianni1122 said:

You have quite a few mods so it's difficult to know exactly what ones could be having bad interactions with each other and/or KSP. If you think you have narrowed it down to those four, I suggest installing only those mods and making a new save with several large complex crafts to stress test and see how it runs.

lol trust me, this isn't even anywhere near the number of mods I have on another install :sticktongue:

Did you try referencing the forum threads of the mods in question? I know having to search through all those pages of mostly "will this be updated" questions can be time consuming... :confused:

What I usually do, when trying to get answers on a forum, is use "find on page" and search for keywords like "frames" etc. on each thread page. That saves me a ton of time.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.