Can't turn ship on takeoff.

So I haven't played KSP in a while and things may have changed. I don't use any mods or any kind of external thing for the game. Just good old fashioned KSP. My problem is when I launch I can't turn the vehicle in any direction. I have an Advanced Inline Stabilizer. I have tried both SAS on and off. I only go straight up. I can't turn my ship to enter orbit. If I turn off SAS it spins a bit but that has nothing to do with me. Any help at all will be welcome! 

25 minutes ago, Palaceviking said:

You have too high thrust to weight ratio an your craft is slightly aerodynamically unstable. 

Ninja'd ;-)

Put a couple controllable fins near the base of your rocket and thrust limit/throttle down your first stage by about 20%.

I do that every time. 

So it will only let me upload a screenshot with a url. Unless someone knows another way. Also, how do you undo a quote? I accidentally clicked quote and could not for my life figure out how to get rid of it. I hope whichever moderator views it before allowing it to be posted just deletes it. It was just a comment filled with empty quotes.

42 minutes ago, Rozencrantze said:

So it will only let me upload a screenshot with a url.

Yup.  Fortunately, that's pretty easy to do.  :)

1. Go to imgur.com (you don't need an account or anything).
  2. Click the "new post" button.
  3. Drag your screenshot file onto the "drag images here" box that they give you.
  4. It'll then show you your image on a page.
  5. Right-click on the image, choose "copy image location" to get the URL of the image file
  6. Paste that URL into your forum post here.
  7. The forum will automagically convert it into an in-line image in your post.

Also, how do you undo a quote? I accidentally clicked quote and could not for my life figure out how to get rid of it.

When you mouse-over the quote in your post (either when you're first writing it, or if you come back to edit it later), a little box will appear at top left of the quote (it's a little square button with a four-directional arrow on it).  Click on that, then hit delete.

I hope whichever moderator views it before allowing it to be posted just deletes it. It was just a comment filled with empty quotes.

Done.  :wink:

Also, if you ever need a moderator's help with something (e.g. "help, I accidentally posted something and need to delete my post", or whatever), the best way to do this is to just report your own post.  (Click the "report post" link, right above the text of your post.)  When you do that, it'll pop up a little dialog where you can type a message, i.e. "sorry, I accidentally posted, can you delete?" or whatever.

When you report the post, that will automatically signal the moderator team, so whoever happens to be available can come and take care of it.

38 minutes ago, Rozencrantze said:

I figured out my problem. Apparently, my keybinds were messed up somehow.

Excellent, glad it worked out for you!  :)

...Which brings us to your final "How-to-use-the-forum for newcomers" lesson for the day:  if you post a question, and it's been answered (either by yourself or by someone else), you can mark the question as "answered" so that everyone knows this (and can see it in the list view).

To do this:  Pick the response that you feel best answers your question (in this case, it would presumably be your post that I've quoted, above), and click the gray "check-mark" button that appears at the left-hand side.

That will not only mark the question as "answered", but it will also move that post up to the top of the responses list, so that anyone who comes along later will immediately see the answer without having to wade through the whole thread.

Anyway, welcome to the forums, and happy flying!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.