DOUBLE ROVERS!! HAAAAAAALP

Hey everyone. I've been playing KSP off and on for a couple years now and finally got off my butt and learned sub-assemblies. and my first sub-assembly was a rover to put inside my shuttle that I'll be taking out. The issue is, when I go to launch it (still in alpha testing phase), the rover is duplicated and starts jumping around. I've never seen this happen before (parts literally duplicating themselves).

I double checked to make sure I didn't accidentally stick 2 rovers in the shuttle cargo bay or anything like that. I even built a new shuttle from scratch just in case the first one somehow got glitched, still does it.

I'm attaching the rover with a docking port inside the cargo bay, could that be causing it? I'm at a loss here. Please help soon..

46 minutes ago, cannibalmerk said:

I'm attaching the rover with a docking port inside the cargo bay, could that be causing it? I'm at a loss here. Please help soon..

Are you attaching it with symmetry on?

Please provide additional details, such as root parts of both assemblies, at what point in the flight the rover begins duplicating itself, and if either copy of the rover is clipping into the shuttle or each other?

Edited by LordKael

48 minutes ago, LordKael said:

Are you attaching it with symmetry on?

That would be my first guess too.

OP, if you use mirror symmetry and place something on the centerline of the parent part then you can get two objects occupying the same space (often with a tell-tale shimmer of the textures) and physics hates that! 

7 hours ago, katateochi said:

That would be my first guess too.

OP, if you use mirror symmetry and place something on the centerline of the parent part then you can get two objects occupying the same space (often with a tell-tale shimmer of the textures) and physics hates that! 

I didn't think to check symmetry. To be honest, I don't remember if it was on or not. I'll have to check it when I get off work tonight. Thank you all for the fast replies.

Ok, I went back and looked into it. I was not using mirror symmetry but it's still doing it.

To be perfectly clear. I'm very new to this site and haven't figured out how to attach pictures on here yet (I know... I'm dumb, I'm sorry). Nut I'll try to explain the best I can in the meantime.

I have a MK3 cockpit with a MK3 monoprop fuselage, a liquid fuel fuselage, small cargo bay, then loading bay (all MK3). In the front of the small cargo bay attached to the center line snap point I put a small stack decoupler (in line with the ship) then the rover is attached to the decouple inside the cargo bay. Again, no mirror symmety is applied. 

3 hours ago, cannibalmerk said:

I'm very new to this site and haven't figured out how to attach pictures on here yet

FYI -- to attach images, go to a image uploading site such as imgur (no login needed). Drag & drop your image where it says. Copy the url that imgur provides and paste it in your post. To actually embed an image in a post is a little trickier.

To attach a craft file -- craft files are just text files. So you get it copied into your local clipboard, and then go to pastebin, for example. Paste it into the window and click "New Paste". Again, it will give you a url, and you paste that url into your post here.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.