All-Stock Elitism?

OrbitalBuzzsaw

Do you agree that all-stock elitism is an issue?  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Is it?

• Yes, it is
    • No, it isn't
    • Other (Please Specify)

On 18/12/2016 at 2:33 AM, Jestersage said:

Going to make that my signature. Now we just need a logo.

Let me know if you make one so I can steal it too please? haha

Personally, I prefer stock parts (I have Porkjet's RPO, but does that count?) with mods like KER, Chatterer, KAC... I think that's it. I'm well over 1200 hours into the game so I enjoy the challenge of having to make do with stock only parts (for the longest time, I wanted a MK2 aerospike, but I didn't get on with the modpack it came with)... but then again, I'm also *that guy* that plays career mode with revert flight turned OFF.

As a side, I also like the idea that when I eventually share my craft files, anyone can use them without looking for mods that may or may not be updated.

On 18/12/2016 at 10:20 AM, Aperture Science said:

#StockMasterrace

The Stock Master Race and the Filthy Modding Peasant. Haha. :D

PRAISE THE GLORIOUS STOCK MASTER RACE!

Oh..... I have just created the issue, didn't I?

Edited by heihei4c

9 minutes ago, Red Iron Crown said:

Yes, if we could avoid terms like "master race" and "peasant" that would be great.

Preferred terminology:

On 18/12/2016 at 7:41 PM, samstarman5 said:

Stocksnoots or Modsnobs

Joking aside, I agree this thread has run its course. 

3 minutes ago, The_Rocketeer said:

Encouraging to see the vocal minority being (quite properly) persecuted by the much-more-right majority. I do love a good repression.

Well, yeah, but when you say "much-more-right majority" that is some kind of elitism. Let's just say that the thread poses a question - "Is this a problem?" - which has been answered - "no". Can we leave it at that?

Edited by monstah

Just now, monstah said:

Well, yeah, but when you say "much-more-right majority" that is some kind of elitism.

I was trying to be ironic, but these keys are curbs to my expression ;.;

1 minute ago, monstah said:

Let's just say that the thread poses a question - "Is this a problem?" - which has been answered - "no". Can we leave it at that?

Yes. :D

When it comes to space craft exchange I do feel crafts are better when stock, simply because this opens them up to everybody whether they like/use mods or not. I certainly wouldn't consider it elitism, just common sense. But that doesn't mean I think they should all be stock either, there's some amazing craft out there that simply wouldn't be possible without mods.

When in comes to elitism, that swings both ways. Some feel elitist for using stock only, others feel elitist because they use mods and this push the game to the limit to get the best out of it. Most of us just see these types as posterial orifices, when they try to push their views down people's throats.

Generally speaking, so long as people are enjoying the game, regardless of how they choose to play, that is all that really matters.

56 minutes ago, Moh1336 said:

Generally speaking, so long as people are enjoying the game, regardless of how they choose to play, that is all that really matters.

Except that this is a topic being discussed when a lot of people are on holiday, with too much time on their hands. Then all kinds of things seem to matter.  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.