LV-909 LF engines falling off for seemingly no reason?

Morgasm92

Sure they look small and fragile, but i\'d imagine it would still take SOME impact to knock them off... I have my lander on top of my rocket, and every time i start to get myself into orbit, i press \'m\' to check my trajectory and hear a slight sound (sounds like a stage breaking off) and i switch back to my rocket to see my lander\'s rockets drifting behind me

Why is this happening? i did 4 launches and it happens every time. is this a bug, should i not stop to press m? lol

Try to strut up parts that are snapping, if that doesn\'t help idk. Some of my rockets are a breaking randomly but that\'s due to excessive g\'s.

yeah you can see in the screenshot i have tried. But those engines are so small you can even fit a strut on them

to attach a craft file, there is an attachment option beneath the text box. Use that to browse for the file. You will find the files in the KSP folder, KSP_win, Ships, VAB. Easy as Pi. And its probably a bug. I\'d be happy to test it out on my end to see if its just your version of the game.

Sure they look small and fragile, but i\'d imagine it would still take SOME impact to knock them off... I have my lander on top of my rocket, and every time i start to get myself into orbit, i press \'m\' to check my trajectory and hear a slight sound (sounds like a stage breaking off) and i switch back to my rocket to see my lander\'s rockets drifting behind me

Why is this happening? i did 4 launches and it happens every time. is this a bug, should i not stop to press m? lol

A simple fix is to put some struts (in x4 symmetry) from just underneath the decoupler to the underside of the engines. (Above the engine nozzle.) The struts you have on there now are preventing the tanks from wobbling towards each other, but nothing is preventing the entire heavy lander from wobbling except the decoupler, which does a poor job of that, which I would reason is what is causing the engines to shake off.

-Ziff

A simple fix is to put some struts (in x4 symmetry) from just underneath the decoupler to the underside of the engines. (Above the engine nozzle.) The struts you have on there now are preventing the tanks from wobbling towards each other, but nothing is preventing the entire heavy lander from wobbling except the decoupler, which does a poor job of that, which I would reason is what is causing the engines to shake off.

-Ziff

Yes i considered that aswell, but during my launches there was never any shaking going on that i could see. I tried the struts anyway and they appear to have solved the problem. I\'ll add the craft file if people still want to troubleshoot it anyway (seeing as how i was only having that problem while on the trajectory screen and slowing down to x1 speed)

P.S. And now i finally got it to the mun :) ....landing legs are a bit shorter than anticipated however

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.