Galaxy 2 Space station

Are you doing something similar with a moon base? I\'d love to see pictures of that.

Not with the first Munbase, I already had plans laid out for it. I may try a landing bay on a Minmus Base, as it is much easier to land with RCS there than on the Mun, and the liquid engines may destroy the parts of the base. But I\'ll definitely try to start to construct a space station with a door, it\'ll take alot of R&D, especially since I only use stock parts (aside from the crewtank). So the legs will have to be hinges.

I will also try to get pictures, I don\'t have internet at home, I log on here at work. I\'ll have to dig up my flashdrive out of the pit of computer stuff.

So just because Blairospace could, Blairospace did make a titan of the stars. The Eclipse is ship with a big ass, but a lot of room for your crew. Capable of getting a fairly circular orbit; Darth Vader would have been proud to travel in one of these ;)

So just because Blairospace could, Blairospace did make a titan of the stars. The Eclipse is ship with a big ass, but a lot of room for your crew. Capable of getting a fairly circular orbit; Darth Vader would have been proud to travel in one of these ;)

CRAFT! :D That\'s amazing!

BTW that\'s a pretty high alt! I will have to make my orbit lower so my ships can dock it (is it dockable?). Also, is it possible to let it return to Kerbin? (a.k.a it has some kind of engine/fuel enough to retro-burn out of orbit?)

Forget dockable, is it single stage to orbit? lol

Yeah Blairospace has abandoned dockability at this juncture, though the Faust 2 might have a docking bay.

What\'s Faust 1? you might ask. Well, since we\'re on the subject: The Eclipse was a little excessive, I\'ll admit. So I decided to try something more reasonable and ended up with something more complex.

Thus the Faust was born. Single stage to orbit with fuel to spare. This space yacht has two floors, an expansive interior, five engines, turns on a dime, and WILL make your KSP freeze(it\'s happened to me twice).

It\'s not at all practical, being the hummer of the sky. But you\'ve gotta ride this rocket just to say you have. ;)

Here it is: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/94630383/Faust.craft

Omg this is amazing! :D

I was just checking for some nice designs here to take with me when I go on holiday (just in case we get bad weather). And now I find these crafts with craft files! My god you\'re my hero! ;D ;D

Incredible idea, you\'re a genius!

Omg this is amazing! :D

I was just checking for some nice designs here to take with me when I go on holiday (just in case we get bad weather). And now I find these crafts with craft files! My god you\'re my hero! ;D ;D

Incredible idea, you\'re a genius!

Haha nice of you to say, but I\'m just a space nerd.

That is the next step. Just building the rail before the train arrives at this point ;)

Cool iv been trying to meet up with your station using a craft to get close to it then transfer crew via EVA ... not going well ... anyway good luck with that

Update on the new station. I haven\'t been able to make a door hinge with stock parts, the wing connectors just won\'t connect to the lander legs, which is odd, as I\'ve connected other things to lander legs. Although that was in .15, perhaps it doesn\'t do that now in .16. I forgot to take a picture of my progress on the HUGE docking bay, but I have an image of my older station. The new one is going to make my computer poop it\'s pants. If I get a door working, I\'ll post a .craft file here and let you figure out how to launch it.

Wow nice space hotel, but wheres the check in? :P

EVA check in only, 6 man capacity! Crewtank Required for use! I also like to take guys there using my SSTO plane that takes advantage of the current fuel glitch. I don\'t know how well it will work after they fix that.

EVA check in only, 6 man capacity! Crewtank Required for use! I also like to take guys there using my SSTO plane that takes advantage of the current fuel glitch. I don\'t know how well it will work after they fix that.

Thanks for the craft! Will the Enterprise need the fuel glitch?

Edit: No it doesn't. It's really easy to get into orbit!

Edited by gdscei

Update on the new station. I haven\'t been able to make a door hinge with stock parts, the wing connectors just won\'t connect to the lander legs, which is odd, as I\'ve connected other things to lander legs. Although that was in .15, perhaps it doesn\'t do that now in .16. I forgot to take a picture of my progress on the HUGE docking bay, but I have an image of my older station. The new one is going to make my computer poop it\'s pants. If I get a door working, I\'ll post a .craft file here and let you figure out how to launch it.

Haha looks good, sounds good.

Cool iv been trying to meet up with your station using a craft to get close to it then transfer crew via EVA ... not going well ... anyway good luck with that

Yeah I've tried a couple times without very much luck. Does the Mechjeb mod do automatic intercepts, by chance?

Yeah I've tried a couple times without very much luck. Does the Mechjeb mod do automatic intercepts, by chance?

It does, but it is hard to set up.

First what you need to do is make sure the Enterprise is in an eastward circular equatorial orbit (it has to be near-perfect) (recommend mechjeb to do it, though for some reason when i select an equatorial heading (0 degree), at gravity turn the Enterprise goes into a spin. Have to fix balance issues on the craft I guess).

Then, you need to take whatever craft you want to intercept the Enterprise into orbit at the same altitude as the Enterprise using Mechjeb. It will find out the craft's LPA. Then you can just end the flight, get rid of it.

After that, you need to start another try with the rocket (make sure it is exactly the same as when you found out the LPA), and select "Timed rendevous" in the ascent autopilot before taking off. You should see a LPA value, and you can select the Enterprise. Do that, and launch.

If everything goes well, it should intercept. Haven't tried it yet myself, need to balance the Enterprise first for a Mechjeb-powered equatorial orbit. Also, Mechjeb says it'll intercept hopefully <1 km. So you may need to adjust or EVA the guys and travel around with the jetpack a bit.

Thanks for the craft! Will the Enterprise need the fuel glitch?

Edit: No it doesn't. It's really easy to get into orbit!

I named it enterprise because it was my first station. It was quite easy too, I was surprised myself. I have it in an almost perfect 200 km 92* orbit.

EDIT:

Haha looks good, sounds good.

Just so you know, the HOPE station (because I hope this sucker works with such a massive docking bay) is almost done, but I think I will hand it to you fine fellows early. A door is not happening with stock parts. Every time I try to launch it, it collapses. I think I just need more struts, but the explosions are so bad my computer all but freezes.

Edited by Shadownailshot

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.