Were there any changes in aerodynamics from 1.1 to 1.2?

So I built a heavy plane with FAT-455 wings that had the ability to pull fighter-like maneuvers. In 1.1, it could turn full power at sea level with a velocity of 340 m/s. I re-flew it in 1.2, and it's wings snap off if turning full power at anything above 170 m/s, even with additional struts to the wings.

My question is: was there a change of some sort to aerodynamics between 1.1 and 1.2 that could make it easier for large wings to snap off?

What version precisely are you on as there was a bug in the pre-release I believe and possibly in varying editions of 1.1 and 1.2.x as per this thread.  I couldn't find anything specific in the changelogs but I believe over all, assuming you are on 1.2.2:

At supersonic speeds a streamlined vessel is now more streamlined, and a non streamlined vessel is now less streamlined over all.  So either there were aero changes between 1.1 and 1.2.x, or you may have been running a bugged version of 1.1. Possibly maybe.

Sorry I can't help more!

SM

1 hour ago, bewing said:

It wasn't the aerodynamics, it was the joint strength. RUDding is more common now. Struts may help keep the thing together, but parts also have better defined stress and g-force limits, too.

What exactly did they change about joint strength?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.