Odd Lag on Pad before Launch

Allright lads; title says it all really. Basically my game appears to stutter or lag a bit on the pad before launch (this is on high graphical settings with a rocket containing 90 odd parts); it's a noticeable fps drop like. However as soon as I launch the rocket the game runs smoothly. I've noticed a few other FPS drops, notably upon exiting the outer atmosphere (with less parts), and about 2000m from the ground on return to Kerbin (with very few parts left on the return craft after staging). Very odd considering my gaming rig. Any ideas? =/

My setup is as follows:

ASUS ROG G752VS (Intel i7-6700HQ 2.6GHz, Nvidia GTX1070 8GB, 16GB RAM)

My main mods are as follows (attached pic contains my more detailed GameData files):

Better Time Warp

Chatterer

Scatterer + Astroniki Sunflare

ScanSAT

Texture Replacer (and various Kerbal Suits/Heads)

RPM + Vessel Viewer

Stock Terrain Enhancements

Stock Visual Enhancements

Flag Rotater

Kustom Kerbals

Kerbal Engineer

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement

Kopernicus

TAC Life Support

Near BFuture Solar/Construction/Electrical/Propulsion

Realplume/Realplume Stock

Planetary Base Mod

And here's the link to a screenshot of my GameData folder;

https://s24.postimg.org/y3fa9n66t/Untitled.jpg

Edited by Diddly Feelerino

Are your FPS drops accompanied by coil whine from your graphics card? I have a gtx 1080 and an i7-3770 @4.5ghz and also get bad fps drops on the launch pad and during launch, even with really simple ships. I noticed that this lag is coincidental with noticeable coil whine and power fluctuations in the graphics card (seen in voltage and power usage graphs in the MSI Afterburner program). The hardware has no issues with any other game or stress tests. I'm speculating that the problem originates with the CPU bottleneck, causing the GPU to go into a low power state while it waits for instructions.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.