How did you find out about Kerbal Space Program

Grand Lander

How did you find out about Kerbal Space Program  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How did you find out about Kerbal Space Program

Last year I read about KSP on ROBLOX forum, so I tried it out and enjoyed it and eventually bought it this year

One shudders to imagine what inhuman thoughts lie behind that forum.

another one of these??? like i have to say (for what?? the 8th time???) issue 97 of uk CPC magazine (around October last year). those who joined the comunity after (AFTER) robbaz, i really disliked. so ignorant and just thick headed (not that those here are, just stereo typing here). maybe because im hipster like that xD

There is a bit of a story to this one...

I\'m a laser technician, and I work for a company that supplies industrial and scientific lasers, as well as laser pointers. Some guy had bought a laser pointer, and in the order notes box he put 'can you please draw a snake on the box.' We didn\'t catch the note until after his order had shipped, so we mailed him some snake stickers the following day. When he received the stickers along with an apology letter from the company president. He thought this was great, and subsequently posted a picture to reddit, which made the front page that afternoon. Somebody e-mailed us about it, and the whole company saw the reddit post. We decided to include free stickers with every order that mentioned reddit (there were many) along with rage face stickers and even laser-engraved boxes. Over the following few days, I kept checking reddit to see if any more of our handiwork was being submitted. While searching for the word 'laser' I found a submission on the /r/kerbalspaceprogram subreddit about how a guy had deployed a laser reflector on the Mun. I was intrigued, so I clicked it, and saw it was some kind of game. I looked at the subreddit, saw a few of the submissions and screenshots, and checked out the website. The rest is history.

tl;dr I saw it on reddit.

I was reading some forum thread somewhere about (Buzz Aldrin\'s) Race Into Space, which I was busy playing...and someone randomly mentioned KSP. Searched for it...downloaded the demo...quickly forked over $15 for access to the most recent version (then 0.15).

BARIS/RIS is a really good game and at some point, I\'m going to go back and take a stab at playing as the Russians in Historical mode. But KSP is more than a really good game...it\'s the stuff happy obsessions are made of.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.