Make the most Kerbin postcard

I was doing testing for a return spaceplane. Some bugs have been causing problems, most notably a test landing the spaceplane wanting to crumble regardless of structural connections, ground collision problems when testing. Alas on a final successful landing, it was a scenic location, but an engine was damaged, plus landing gears sinking into earth meant no ability to take off. Picture they are retracted for

As such, a photo op which I think turned out picture perfect. I knew we shouldn\'t let jeb command the new 550m/s long range craft. I still don\'t buy his story about why he needed to crash-land on a tropical beach...

screenshot12.png

The challenge: Make a postcard and post the story to explain it. I have in the works a pretty cool vertical launch spaceplane designed to land at the muns. Will award it when we have a winner for all to have. Victory will come down to when I feel we got a good set up postings and my favorite. The following is my sample postcard.

Favorite to date:

RedDwarfIV

With new planets, lets top that!

Edited by Markus Reese

• 3 weeks later...

During a tried attempt for the North Pole, I staged to my parachutes by accident......the engines were on rotatrons so I tried to turn them backwards to reverse thrust for a safe landing, they blew up and my parachutes carried me to the ground......Kerbals were hungry too so it was a needed stop.

a>

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.