Loading assets bundle crash/long wait/extremely lagging game

So here's my situation, my game was running just fine. No issues what's so ever.  So today I started up the game and I see that it's hanging up on "loading assets bundle" now at first I thought I might have too much stuff open so I alt  f4  and closed everything and restart the game. Same thing. Waiting at asset bundle. Then I thought maybe a incompatible MOD or something not up to date.  So closed it. Made sure all is correct. Start up. Same thing. At this point I'm getting frustrated so I say how about a fresh install. So I did.  Put back all the mods that I need. Start and AGAIN stuck at asset bundle. So I tell myself let me wait a bit. So by some miracle it started loading from MM but EXTREMELY SLOW. I mean it took almost 20 minutes for the game to load up. And whole time I'm watching my memory building up to 60% and my CPU barely breaking a sweat at 6 to 8% usage. And I got a pretty good PC i7 win7 with 16 gigs ram. So finally the game loads up but runs like molasses. I managed to get a craft on the run way and it just got worse from there. I might as well be watching a picture book at those frame rates. The messed up part is there is no crash log or output log because it's not really crashing. It's just freezing and forcing me to shut it down. I have no clue why it's doing this. It was running just fine yesterday and it just decided to call it quits. I run about 64 mods with 7500 patches applied but most of them are parts mods ad the rest are just essentials like mechJeb AA config containers  etc...  can anyone shed some light on this. Because I confused and frustrated that I can't get it running correctly. Thank you for taking time to read and respond to this.  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.