Curiosity Rover Bets

scouseyank

I say it lands...but something goes wrong. 72pyros on the thing for peres sake with only dual redundancy on a craft that has ONE chance. Anything fails and it can\'t solve the problem before the fuel runs out and the crane will either collide with the rover OR take the rover for a ride when it shoots off. I dunno, maybe a sticky head shield. Only 1 strand of the supersonic chute snaps/twists ect. It\'s a very 'cool' design but not a simple one. Complex things go wrong often.. I bet a £200 gift voucher to Ann summers for the wife it\'s apart sucsessful... The amount I\'ve been working/playing kerbal lately, she appreciate it, if she wins

Just out of 'curiosity' (every pun intended) when is the lander planned to enter mars atmosphere in GMT? So UK time? And will NASA tv be covering it?

I bet a giant alien robotic life form will smash the rover. OH WAIT THAT WAS IN TRANSFORMERS OOPS.

But no, seriously, such a whacky design xD And all because they wanted to keep dust off of the rover.

I hope when man missions are started, we get some dune buggies up there. We should also activate the giant alien reactor to melt the glacier underneath the great pyramid mountain so we can up the pressure and get some oxygen OH WAIT THAT WAS IN TOTAL RECALL ORIGINAL, WHOOPS. : D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.