Remote Tech issue

So I'm pretty new to KSP and the whole modding thing, but after picking it up last week I'm hooked!

I've been playing around with different mod combinations and found a set that I like. I did a clean install and then installed all my chosen mods. After playing for a while I decided that I would rather have commnet instead of Remote Tech so I removed Remote Tech from my GameData folder. Now when I launch a rocket and cycle through the stages using the space bar to drop my boosters or to fire the upper stage engines, it "hangs up" for a few seconds every time I stage. I can hear the sound of the decouplers firing but the screen just freezes while that happens. Then suddenly it starts playing smoothly as if nothing happened.... until I stage again... 

Any Ideas? The problem goes away if I re-install Remote Tech so I'm not really sure what's going on. Hopefully someone a little wiser in the ways of modding KSP can point me in the right direction.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.