What would be a good mood set up

Mood or mod?

If you mean mod, then KSP interstellar extended, OPT spaceplanes, Orion drive is usually my staple mod for long journey. Though if you don't mind having a bit 'broken', you can use GN drive mod

Scansat is when you want to scan planetary body for landing site, ore content or other surface scans, just in case you need to plan a landing site for your mission. KSP interstellar extended provides several new devices and stuff for long rang travels, such as new kind of resources and utility parts. Armory mod is when you want to make a replica of military vehicles by providing missiles, bombs, machineguns, cannons, etc. (or get NKD (north kerbin dynamic) for nukes), script a war scene, fight with other players by making your own fighter jet, or just plain blowing up KSC

:)

Edited by ARS

2 hours ago, ARS said:

Scansat is when you want to scan planetary body for landing site, ore content or other surface scans, just in case you need to plan a landing site for your mission. KSP interstellar extended provides several new devices and stuff for long rang travels, such as new kind of resources and utility parts. Armory mod is when you want to make a replica of military vehicles by providing missiles, bombs, machineguns, cannons, etc. (or get NKD (north kerbin dynamic) for nukes), script a war scene, fight with other players by making your own fighter jet, or just plain blowing up KSC

:)

Wait... you can do all that?! I didn't realize that is what the weaponry was for?! So how much freedom is in this game exactly? Or rather let me rephrase the question. Can I send unmanned satellites at the beginning of the game to search, and scan for astronomical bodies? 

Edited by memyselfandI

Try GPP with Research Bodies and ScanSat. Look in USI Constelation for drives Alcubiere and Orion... use the Unmanned before Manned TechTree and maybe something from Seti Mods...

ContractConfigurator for better approach with some AddOns, take a Look at Strategia...And if you like it hard get DangIt! 

Best of all look in the Mod Library  and read what all is out in the wild:D

Funny Kabooms 

Urses 

You need to use kerbnet feature if you want a basic scanning, it can be done with probe cores (right-click + kerbnet access), for scanning ore in planetary bodies, you need to use orbital resource scanner placed in polar orbit (60k-150k altitude). For scansat, there's a requirement for parts used in actual scanning. For more details, visit:

forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/72679-12x-scansat-v1611-real-scanning-real-science-at-warp-speed-november-4-2016

ScanSat bring 4 unic expeeiments with him. Radar, Biome, Altimetry and BTDT. For Data on the map you need to bring one Satellite in polar orbit of the planet on a spezial hight. Ideal is for both first 250 km and for altimetry 750 km. And than you have to wait. For a tidal loled planet you need in auto scanmode at least one full orbit around parent.

Radar = mapping

Bio = Biome map

Altimetry = Slope

For Ressource map you have 2 modes with Scansat.

1. stock base: you make one orbital survive at specific hight (range in the description on SPH/VBA) for Kerbin it's 50-750, radius of the planet determinates the hight.

2. ScanSat : timebased on the same hight.

And the last sensor BTDT (Been There Did This) is spezial for anomalies. You need to come within a Range of 2km ti anomaloe and get a deskriprion for it on map. In previous edirion you get a 3d scanning of the anomalie in the information window in the aktual version it does not work.

Hope this helps.

Funny Kabooms 

Urses 

Edited by Urses

4 hours ago, Urses said:

ScanSat bring 4 unic expeeiments with him. Radar, Biome, Altimetry and BTDT. For Data on the map you need to bring one Satellite in polar orbit of the planet on a spezial hight. Ideal is for both first 250 km and for altimetry 750 km. And than you have to wait. For a tidal loled planet you need in auto scanmode at least one full orbit around parent.

Radar = mapping

Bio = Biome map

Altimetry = Slope

For Ressource map you have 2 modes with Scansat.

1. stock base: you make one orbital survive at specific hight (range in the description on SPH/VBA) for Kerbin it's 50-750, radius of the planet determinates the hight.

2. ScanSat : timebased on the same hight.

And the last sensor BTDT (Been There Did This) is spezial for anomalies. You need to come within a Range of 2km ti anomaloe and get a deskriprion for it on map. In previous edirion you get a 3d scanning of the anomalie in the information window in the aktual version it does not work.

Hope this helps.

Funny Kabooms 

Urses 

I'll try that later on. Right now I'm having trouble keeping my probes in orbit without them disappearing from a saved game and having there tracking markers on the scanmap disappear (As mentioned in my other thread).

6 hours ago, memyselfandI said:

I'll post a gamedata screenshot of it later on this evening.

Would be fine to look at it.

And what other tread do you mentioned above?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.