[Request] Stock Lander capable of reaching escape velocities

Hey guys,

I have been designing a new planetary lander, that is capable of return, but I am stuck on a craft that can reach escape velocities... It needs to be a small craft, that preferably is single stage (but boosters are okay as long as they don't interfere with a ladder system), and can reach escape trajectories with fuel to spare for orbital maneuvers..

I have come close to such a craft, but I didn't have enough fuel by the tiniest margin..

One other thing, it needs to be small, so that once I add the entry stage, and initial Launch Vehicle, my computer can run it :)

Cheers,

Dom :)

No .craft file but Stage 1 has 1 Solid Fuel surrounded by 5 more and 1 wing-let on each, then the same for Stage 2. Stage 3 is the lightest funnel-shaped pod, small fuel, mini booster and 3 landing struts. The solid fuel boosters are enough to make you orbit the Sun :). Then the pod's booster can aim you to the Muns. Also the Boosters are angled to reduce heat.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.