...get crew into command pods?

On my first more-or-less succesful Mun flight, I crash-landed a few kilometers away from a very large crater and tried to get there with Jebediah and his EVA-pack. It worked good until he smashed down a little bit too hard. He died. Well, I want to get him into the command pod (Mk1, but I edited the files so it has a 3 crew capacity) somehow. I suppose I have to edit my persistent.sfs-file if I don't want to fly a ship there (and even if I do want to), but I don't know what to edit for him to be in the pod. Or even near the pod on EVA. So, here are my questions: Is it possible to get a kerbonaut into a ship by editing the persistent.sfs-file? If yes, how? If no, how do I get another ship and/or EVA-ing kerbonaut near the first ship?

Thanks for reading! Live long and prosper!

Wait... are you asking how to get a corpse into a command pod? I don't think you'd be able to fly the ship anyway, since a corpse doesn't seem like it would qualify the pod as "manned" (unless there's a survivor in the pod also, of course)

The pod can't fly anyway because the ship fell apart on impact, but I know how to revive crew members by editing the persistent.sfs-file, but I don't know how to get them up there. And yes, Bill and Bob are also stranded up there.

So, here are my questions: Is it possible to get a kerbonaut into a ship by editing the persistent.sfs-file? If yes, how?

The persistence file begins with an array of crew members. The first is number zero and so on through the list.

In the description of the capsule, you'll see some "crew = <number>" lines. These seem to be a reference to the entries in the array of crew members at the top of the file.

So if, say, Jeb is the first crew member in the CREW array *and* he is still alive *and* there is space in a capsule that has other crew members (so that you can find the proper position for the "crew = <number>" statement), you should be able to add him to the crew by adding a "crew = 0" line to the description of the capsule.

Disclaimer: I haven't tried it.