BD Armory Issues (Is this the right place?)

So...I'm new to playing the game (as in just bought it maybe, an hour ago), but I've watched plenty of videos. I really want to try BDA, but it keeps crashing when it's loading the Part Upgrades after freezing a bit at Asset Bundle Definitions. I've put it in the game data folder and followed all the installation instructions as best as I can figure out. 

I've no idea if this is the right place, but the forums link on the wiki leads to an error page. Can someone help me figure this out, or do I have to go to the Github place for help? 

KSP: 1.2.2 Windows 64bit (I think)

Problem: Crashes during the loading at Part Upgrades

Mods: BDA v0.2.1.0

Repro Steps: Start the game? I have no idea. I've tried this several times and it keeps happening.

Log: (Is this supposed to be the crash log or is there something shorter?)

46 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi there's a very good chance you have installed it incorrectly.  A zipped copy of the KSP.log will tell me everything I need to know.  Or i could leave you to the guessing crowd :)

By KSP.log you mean the crash report right? Uh, how would I attach that here?

You will need to zip it up and upload it to dropbox or similar and then place a link here so that I ca DL and view  Ideally the logs will be the KSP.log and the output.log

A screenshot of the contents of your KSP GameData folder will b helpful also

You can check the install path yourself however,  the correct file path for BDA is KSP/GameData/BDArmory       NOT KSP/GameData/BDArmoryv1x1x1x1/GameData/BDArmory

Also check that you have in fact installed the correct version for 1.2  which is linked below and comprises the only official download for KSP1.22

https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/releases/download/v0.2.1.0/BDArmory.0.2.1.0_04132017.zip

If you have downloaded and installed any  other version then at best its incompatible and at worst totally obsolete

PS there's more to BDA than just slapping on a weapon and going shooting,please familiarize yourself with the details of operation which can be found in the in game KSPedia entries for BDA, which are very detailed and cover all you need to know.

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

14 hours ago, Commander Fox said:

KSP: 1.2.2 Windows 64bit (I think)

Are you sure you are on 1.2.2? The 1.3.0 version came out about a day ago.

You can find the version number in the bottom right of the main menu.

Edited by nulano

Just like nulano said above, the new version seems to make nearly everything crash. Seems that both Mechjeb or BDarmoury make it crash.

I have the same thing, the game when loading crashing while "loading part upgrades". Had it working just with "SpaceY" and even the trusty old KWRocketry, even if it says that it's an old version.

Would be great if someone would make a list of mods that yet don't work with the new version. Makes easier for others that have a lot of mods.

Edited by ssu

Sweet!

After looking at this, and comparing it to the wiki/videos I've seen about BDA, I'm missing all the ammo boxes except 50 cals, I'm missing a fair few of the detection systems (the inline radome in particular), and I can't figure out why the weapons manager isn't showing any missiles I've got attached.

Edited by Commander Fox

3 hours ago, Commander Fox said:

Sweet!

After looking at this, and comparing it to the wiki/videos I've seen about BDA, I'm missing all the ammo boxes except 50 cals, I'm missing a fair few of the detection systems (the inline radome in particular), and I can't figure out why the weapons manager isn't showing any missiles I've got attached.

Can you supply a copy of you KSP.log from the last run of KSP.

There is a better than even chance that if assets are missing that you have installed the mod incorrectly Please recheck path details as given in my previous post as they are correct for KSP 1.3 also

On 28/05/2017 at 4:24 PM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

You can check the install path yourself however,  the correct file path for BDA is KSP/GameData/BDArmory       NOT KSP/GameData/BDArmoryv1x1x1x1/GameData/BDArmory

And it's not over.... I was trying to make some planes fight each other, but a) they wouldn't show up in Vessel Switcher b) wouldn't attack each other anyway c) When they did show up together, it crashed when I tried to swap to the other vessel.This is probably a bug rather than my screwing up due to install issues (due to it kinda maybe working earlier).

The first time I spotted the vanishing from VS was after I put rover wheels on my planes to more easily move the bloody things off the runway. I initially thought that it was due to them being thought of as rovers, but that doesn't make sense. I swapped out wheels, did it several times, then I went 'screw this' and took control of a plane myself to try and strafe the one on the ground because it was refusing to take off. I got really close and then the other plane showed up and I tried to swap to it when the crash happened. There was some simulation slow down (yellow timer numbers) throughout it, but I don't see how that would interrupt the pilot AI and VS.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wmpuzzpc5qlpl3e/2017-05-29_142100.zip?dl=0

There's the crash report's zip file. I'm assuming this is what you mean by 'KSP.log'? 

52 minutes ago, Commander Fox said:

I'm assuming this is what you mean by 'KSP.log'? 

Nope in the main KSP folder there is a file called KSP.log.   But that's irrelevant as the error log shows  that your system simply ran out of memory .

Why this should be unless you have minimum levels of ram,   even then for the 32 bit to crash due to lack of memory with just one mod seems unusual Pre 64bit BDA ran fine on 32 bit machines. 

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

13 minutes ago, Commander Fox said:

Ooooh. Ok. I see the log. Uh, how would I fix the memory error?

As i've no clue on your system specs, i've no idea what you're working with,  as I it understand as long as the machine you are using meets the minimum spec it should run,  BUT you say in the first post  you are running a 64bit version of  windows ten,  that infers you should be able to run even the KSP  64 bit with no mods. 

Aside from actually checking your system specs    (does dx diag exist on windows ten? type DXdiag in the search box and click the DXdiag.exe that shows, if it does, that will list basic machine specs like OS and ram)  and shutting down all background processes I really have no clue

Does anyone know how to up the range for VS? Because after a certain distance it stops showing the other plane for some absurd, annoying reason that I don't know about.

I JUST WANT MY BLOODY JET BIPLANES TO FIGHT EACH OVER! Why does this have to be so hard?! *cri*

18 hours ago, Commander Fox said:

Does anyone know how to up the range for VS? Because after a certain distance it stops showing the other plane for some absurd, annoying reason that I don't know about.

I JUST WANT MY BLOODY JET BIPLANES TO FIGHT EACH OVER! Why does this have to be so hard?! *cri*

I noted in your last log that you do not have physics range extender (PRE) installed, this is really essential to fully exploit the potential of BDA's  latest features.

Part of what  you are seeing is the default BDA behavior that is a legacy of earlier game environments. and the rest is KSP's inbuilt physics  limitations, which PRE removes

You can get it below

I'd also like to suggest that you  visit  the BDAc thread where a lot of your questions may have already been answered

4 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

I noted in your last log that you do not have physics range extender (PRE) installed, this is really essential to fully exploit the potential of BDA's  latest features.

Part of what  you are seeing is the default BDA behavior that is a legacy of earlier game environments. and the rest is KSP's inbuilt physics  limitations, which PRE removes

You can get it below

I'd also like to suggest that you  visit  the BDAc thread where a lot of your questions may have already been answered

Thank you Comrade! 

• 2 months later...
16 hours ago, Perceptor87 said:

Hey, so when I try to fly a craft with autopilot when focused on another craft, the craft stops 351 meters away from the craft I switched to, so I cant dogfight without the other plane just freezing in midair. Am I doing something wrong? Why does this happen?

Please read the OP of the BDAc thread where you will find the answer you seek

TL;DR - you haven't installed Physics Range Extender which is required for BDAc to function correctly

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.