[0.20] RemoteTech: Relay Network – V 0.5.0.1

JDP

Hi Cilph, sorry to bother you about this, but I wondered if you could tell us _what_ breaks the compatibility. Craft won't work, from changed partnames? (And thus sfs file will be auto-cleaned)? Or are you actually adding stuff that will only get written to SFS or plugindata on starting a new game? I'm perfectly happy to hand-edit my sfs file if necessary.

The entire thing has been rewritten from /scratch/. Antenna targets are stored and used differently, some antennas have gone, new ones have been added, etc.

I could probably with some effort maintain compatibility for the antennas that weren't removed, but 0.21 broke saves anyway.

EDIT: I expect you people to make Munar arcade cabinets when this thing goes up.

Edited by Cilph

im just hopeign there more animated stuff. only 1 of the dishes was animated and tracked its target

Most of the included AIES dishes have been modified to track or turn into shrapnel.

Is it safe to make satellite networks using the stock antennae and probe cores? That is, can I expect RemoteTech functionality to be implemented for these parts in the new version, so they'll keep working? What I have in mind won't be at long range or anything like that.

Is it safe to make satellite networks using the stock antennae and probe cores? That is, can I expect RemoteTech functionality to be implemented for these parts in the new version, so they'll keep working? What I have in mind won't be at long range or anything like that.

Indeed you can. RemoteTech 2 will make a lot more use of moduleManager, and hence the probe compatibility pack will be merged with the main addon. The stock antennae and probe bodies will work with RemoteTech.

Continuing from my list of problems on page 122, The control module with 3 kerbals on board will not function on its own!! Also as stated before, the only thing working is the short range transmissions. I can see all the blue lines connecting everything togeather. I have orbiting satellites with 4 dishes, sufficient power, as well as short+long range coms. The dishes are targeted at the right places, also the target probe is pointed back at kerbin still though i cannont make contact long range.

I cannont make long range contact via the dish, I also cannot use a 3 man pod + command module to create my own new network. There is a list of mods I use on page 122 if anyone can spot any problems!!

Thanks in advance!!

Quick question. Is RT2 going to break the existing parts? I ask because 0.5 is working fine in .21.1 so far so i've already been putting up sats with the little white omni (the one that won't break in the wind) and the three animated ones.

The entire thing has been rewritten from /scratch/. Antenna targets are stored and used differently, some antennas have gone, new ones have been added, etc.

I could probably with some effort maintain compatibility for the antennas that weren't removed, but 0.21 broke saves anyway.

EDIT: I expect you people to make Munar arcade cabinets when this thing goes up.

0.21 saves can be imported. You are given that option when KSP detects older saves.

Quick question. Is RT2 going to break the existing parts? I ask because 0.5 is working fine in .21.1 so far so i've already been putting up sats with the little white omni (the one that won't break in the wind) and the three animated ones.

Most of the old RT1 parts will be removed. actually, only the gigadish and the small tracking dish will make the cut for RT2.

None of the old RT1 signal processors will be included in RT2, since there are now plenty of stock parts that can fill their roles. We might also include the probe bodies from AIES, since most RT2 antennae will actually be modified versions of AIES antennae.

That being said. You can add the old parts yourselves. You'll just have to do a bit of config editing to make them use the new RT2 modules.

Hi! I registred myself in this forum because I have a problem with this mod (and with English languege, sorry is not my native languge :P).

I don't reading all the 124 pages so if an other user have alredy asked the question sorry. If I put a Remotcomand or a Remotcontroll modul on my rocket it will not work, the only thing I can do is turn on and of the rcs. Is a bug or I don't understood how the mod works?

Thank you, I hope this is the right place to ask this.

P.s I use KSP version 0.21

After putting a remote control on yoru craft, you also need an antenna. The craft will only work if it has a connection to the ground, or other satellite around kerbin.

After putting a remote control on yoru craft, you also need an antenna. The craft will only work if it has a connection to the ground, or other satellite around kerbin.

Thank you very much! Do you belive that I altredy thought about that, but I just treid with the wrong antennas? XD

So I usually use regular probes along with the stock antenna, and stock SAT dish. Would it be fine to set up my network now, or would the new version still kill it even though I am only using stock parts? I am mainly planning on sending up my Geosychronus orbit. which I do by manly sending up manned ships.

So I usually use regular probes along with the stock antenna, and stock SAT dish. Would it be fine to set up my network now, or would the new version still kill it even though I am only using stock parts? I am mainly planning on sending up my Geosychronus orbit. which I do by manly sending up manned ships.

I think the only, and I do mean only part that might be even remotely safe is the stock long antenna (not the dish).

Oinker, does that still break MechJeb?

Anyway: As I waited/am waiting to install RT until it doesn't break MJ.... If I add a dish via KAS (docked mode, on a planetary base) or docking (on a ship), would that work? I mean, would the base (or more, the remote control unit of the base) have a connection to Mission Control on Kerbin (a valid routing given, of course)?