Crashing after load screen with Andromeda Visuals Dream

You're out of memory:

Could not allocate memory: System out of memory!
Trying to allocate: 2796208B with 16 alignment. MemoryLabel: Texture
Allocation happend at: Line:383 in 
Memory overview

I see from your logs that you are using the 32bit version of KSP (since you're running KSP.exe). The 32bit version is subject to crashes whenever the used RAM memory exceeds 4GB, it's not normally a problem with a stock install (save memleaks) but visual packs tend to use quite a lot of memory as soon as the game loads as KSP loads everything at the same time when launching. The RAM limit is linked to the way 32bit executables are used (I don't really know the details myself though) and it's pretty much unfixable.

Fortunately for all of us, KSP has had a stable 64bit version since 1.1. Steam still defaults to the "historic" KSP.exe launcher which is the 32bit version but you can use the 64bit version with no problem. If you go to your game files (should be something like Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program) you should see a "KSP_x64.exe" executable next to KSP.exe. This is the 64bit version of the game that doesn't suffer from the memory limit issue, and has virtually no downside compared to the 32bit (except being incompatible with a 32bit OS but I think everyone runs 64bit by now).

Just launch KSP_x64.exe instead of KSP.exe and the issue will be gone. You don't need to move your mods or saves since both versions use the same directories. If you want to save yourself some time for the next times you want to run the game, you can probably change the default executable launched by Steam to the 64bit one.

While you're at it, I suggest making a copy of your KSP directory to another place on your computed. Since KSP has no DRM and requires no installation, it can be run in pretty much any folder (avoid C:\Program Files because some permission issues may arise). This will allow you to run different installs of KSP at the same time (eg: one modded and one stock) and more importantly, it will prevent Steam from overwriting your current install every update which tends to break most mods and may corrupt your savefiles.

Edited by Gaarst

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.