Life on other planets?

As for in game, no planets besides Kerbin have life. Well actually, one other body has life, but I'll let you find it for yourself...

Spoiler

Clue:

Spoiler

Find the white crater, then go North North East. Cryptic, isn't it? :D

Edited by MiffedStarfish

Well, why is Jool green? Some gaseous copper compound? Seems unlikely. Algae? Hmmmmm .....

And what created the Munar arches? And are the monoliths a natural phenomenon? If not, then somebody put them there!

And there's an unnatural-looking thing sticking out of a rock on duna .....

Edited by bewing

8 hours ago, Silverwood said:

Ok cheers - that all seems good. However given the complexity of getting beyond the Kerbin system, it will be a while for me!!!!

You may be surprised. Using aerobrake at arrival you can reach Eve/Duna for less DeltaV than Mun/minmus.  A couple of parachutes and 70m/s for landing and ~1500m/s for return to orbit.  Coming back from Duna cost around 600m/s. Adding everything together and putting a generous safety margin lets say 3,5km/s at LKO,  considering the possibility of orbital construction, refuelling and also that we don't need big engines for the trip (spark, terrier and dart is comfortable enough) pretty doable.

About the transfer window, if you are not confident enough, practice with transfers between Mun and Minmus.  For this purpose an ant-powered or spark-powered probe with a big (for his size) fuel tank can provide deltaV for a dozen transfers.

And don't forget there is this forum in case you need advice when you decide to try.

On 7/2/2017 at 2:15 PM, bewing said:

Well, why is Jool green? Some gaseous copper compound? Seems unlikely. Algae? Hmmmmm .....

And what created the Munar arches? And are the monoliths a natural phenomenon? If not, then somebody put them there!

And there's an unnatural-looking thing sticking out of a rock on duna .....

I like to think the Devious Extrakerrestrial Villainous Somethings did it, though I usually abbreviate when talking about them.

3 minutes ago, Red Iron Crown said:

I like to think the Devious Extrakerrestrial Villainous Somethings did it, though I usually abbreviate when talking about them.

Certainly one of the more convincing conspiracy theories. But still just a conspiracy theory.

As far as actual life on other planets, none has been implemented. Unless you count those weird structures on Pol, which almost look like towers of fungus...

But as far as easter eggs and hints?

Spoiler
Spoiler

Seriously, if you don't want spoilers, don't go any further.

Spoiler
Spoiler

I told you not to click!

Spoiler

Oh, well.

• Vallhenge, evidence of intelligent construction.
  • A dead Deep Space Kraken.
  • A memorial to Neil Armstrong on the Mun.
  • Numerous monoliths. See: 2001 - A Space Odyssey.
  • It has been removed, but you could see Carl Sagan's face on Tylo at one time.
  • There is Curiosity's rover cam on Duna.
  • There are two crashed UFO's, one on Kerbin and one on Duna.
  • There is a rock sculpture of a face on Duna.

And last, but not least, on Duna there is a hill/pyramid that emits a strange sound. When converted from SSTV to an image, it will reveal a (SPOILER) involving aliens that (SPOILER). However, the full storyline was never implemented, as the Developer who worked on most of the Easter eggs left his job at SQUAD.

9 hours ago, Ultimate Steve said:

As far as actual life on other planets, none has been implemented. Unless you count those weird structures on Pol, which almost look like towers of fungus...

But as far as easter eggs and hints?

Hide contents
  Hide contents

Seriously, if you don't want spoilers, don't go any further.

Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

I told you not to click!

Reveal hidden contents

Oh, well.

• Vallhenge, evidence of intelligent construction.
  • A dead Deep Space Kraken.
  • A memorial to Neil Armstrong on the Mun.
  • Numerous monoliths. See: 2001 - A Space Odyssey.
  • It has been removed, but you could see Carl Sagan's face on Tylo at one time.
  • There is Curiosity's rover cam on Duna.
  • There are two crashed UFO's, one on Kerbin and one on Duna.
  • There is a rock sculpture of a face on Duna.

And last, but not least, on Duna there is a hill/pyramid that emits a strange sound. When converted from SSTV to an image, it will reveal a (SPOILER) involving aliens that (SPOILER). However, the full storyline was never implemented, as the Developer who worked on most of the Easter eggs left his job at SQUAD.

Ok I wont then.

Intriguing though....perhaps after a few more weeks...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.