Help with this rocket?

(Sorry if this is in the wrong section, it seemed like the best place to put it.)

Okay, so I've got a problem. Earlier today I built this little rocket to get me to the Mun; I've done it a million times before, nothing new whatsoever. The thing is, as soon as my apogee reaches ~35-40 kilometers, my rocket spins completely out of control. SAS doesn't help, when I press 'x' the marker moves down to 0 but the engines don't cut off, and staging doesn't work, all for about five seconds before I finally regain control. This is a recurring problem, it happens consistently every time I try to use this rocket. Other ones perform just fine, but I don't want to give up on this rocket.

For the life of me I can't figure out how these attachments work on vBulliten, so I'm just going to post a link to mediafire for the .craft download. I've also got a VAB picture of the rocket, although I sadly didn't get anything from the actual problem.

Also, it's worth noting that I just downloaded a new KSP folder yesterday, and my only modification is that I edited the .cfg of the command pod to increase its rotPower and linPower because I'm sick of being able to barely control my rocket in space without thrust. I don't see how that could be causing this issue, though.

0qmmB.jpg

Download:

http://www./?4bhg223lobtr3yq

If the engine won't shut off with X, you have a broken decoupler. Try to add some vertical struts in the gap between the big tanks in the middle and the one on top. This should keep it from breaking off.

The new 2m decoupler breaks very easily. The good news is that it allows you to put struts through it, from the bottom tank to the top one, without getting in the way of anything on the outside.

Found it, Ship is to heavy and its center of mass is pretty high, at 30+ tons ASAS and the capsules gyroscope cant compensate for that..

Mowing the outside stacks 2m (3200l) stacks 2-4 meters lower solves this Issue, also fuel lines are a bit off center so that causes some spin..

When you reenter atmosphere the same thing happens, this can be solved so that when your at 50km you turn of ASAS and spin your ship clockwise or counterclockwise.. The centrifugal force keeps the ship in a +-5° stable direction..

Also you can strip apart 18'000l of fuel, making the ship more responsive and increasing its power..

Hope this helps..

P.S With a few minor changes you can refit your lander to carry the same amount of fuel while having consumption of 44l/s(old 65) with the thrust of 800 from the old 455, while still keeping the look..

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30872[/ATTACH]

Edited by Atimed

Scratch the last suggestion.

Rickenbacker is correct. You will need struts to shore up the decoupler.

In addition to that, you will want to put struts between the lander and the large side tanks (to stabilize the rocking of the lander as it goes up).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.