I am not geting the hang of flying

Mateja78

hi mateja, welcome to the community :)

There are a lot of good people here who can give you help with reaching the Mun, I'll see if I can find you some tutorials, back in a bit.

Edit: Here is a good video of a Mun landing with a small rocket, though you might want to use a larger one with more fuel in reserve for now.

Edited by sal_vager

Okay I'll tell you how I do it:

1, Attain orbit. This is not too hard, launch and climb to about 12km before tilting east 45 degrees, then tilt again at about 24km to 22 degrees, cut your engines when your Apogee reaches about 75km. When you have coasted to the Apogee, burn again to bring your Perigee up to about the same height.

2, Trans Munar Burn. When the Mun peeks over the horizon, burn towards it until your speed is about 3100m/s, then look at your map screen, you will need to carefully burn some more so your orbit switches to the Muns sphere of influence.

3, Munar correction burn. When you enter the Muns space, you will see your Perigee is half way between where you are and the Munar escape point, you need to burn facing backwards (retrograde) when you reach the Perigee marker, this will circularize your orbit.

4, Munar De-orbit part one. When opposite the area you wish to land at, burn retrograde to lower your perigee to about 15km

5, Munar De-orbit part two. When at Perigee, burn retrograde again to kill your horizontal velocity, now you have to slowly descend using your main engine.

6, Landing. Look for rocks so you can judge your altitude, the altimeter is not set for height from ground, only height from "sea level" also try to touch down without any sideways movement and below 10m/s, slower is better, use capslock and ASAS for better control, and kill your engines with X