Need help, I can't hit the mun.

Ive not had any luck with getting near mun in .16 and need to land before the new planets in .17 my rocket is

parachute

pod

-----

2xRCS

SAS

FUELX4

3 RAD DE COUP

4 X ENGINES

6 X LEGS

---------------

ASAS

5XFUEL MAIN STACK

1 THRUST VECTOR ENGINE MAIN STACK

6 DE COUP

30 FUEL AUX STACKS

6 X HIGH POWER ENGINE AUX STACKS

6 LARGE SRBS

----------------------------------------

Any help with improving this rocket would be great as I am having trouble since the part balance thanks-harry c

Guest butt head

that was very constructive skunky...

and i cant get a very good idea of how your ship is set up an image would be nice but from what i get from what you wrote i think you need MOAR BOOSTERS ok but really bigger launch stage and a sort of orbitel stage that can get you from kerbin orbit to mun or minmus orbit and cirulize around it then start the landing process and any thing else is extra/wasted delta-v

Edited by butt head
didnt mean to post it at the moment

thank for the advice skunky lol. And ill try the moar boosters I also should have mentioned that fuel lines feed the middle stack so that is my orbital stage!:) thank for advice

Well, if you wanted help of support, there are other forums here that are better suited to that topic. In general, the Welcome Aboard forum is for people to make their first post and introduce themselves.

:P

Cheers!

Capt'n Skunky

KSP Community Manager

There are quite a lot of tutorials out there to help people get to the Mun (

), but as a rule of thumb, here is a basic flight plan:

- Liftoff, gravity turn around 10 km

- Circularize between 70 and 100 km

- Start your TMI burn as the Mun rises above the horizon

From there on, you can fine-tune your trajectory using the patched conics display to suit your needs.

Good luck!

It may be that you need to perfect your technique or it may be a case of your rocket being too heavy, meaning that you need to ditch some unnecessary parts (like the parachute as there is little atmosphere on the moon and who cares if they crash into kerbin); you may need to add a few tri-couplers so you can add moar BOOSTERS

MOAR BOOSTERS!!! Without being able to see the craft I'll add that bigger is not always better. I would also suggest that you try some of the proven mun landers in the spacecraft exchange. If you have issues with the proven landers, practice makes perfect.

Nothing wrong with the craft other than a lack of thrusters. Its actually pretty close to what I build, yours is just bigger. I put some in between the landing struts and then a matching set on the top. That leaves technique. As I'm not the best at explaining these things I would suggest looking at some tutorials on youtube or the one Cykrios linked earlier in the thread. Keep practicing, you'll get it.

First pic is of when I started my TMI burn, 2nd pic is Bob on the Mun, 3rd is the conics after my TMI burn.

The craft seems a bit short on ÃŽâ€V (ignoring the throttle bug in 0.16). Cutting back on SAS and adding fuel lines from the "aux stacks" to the "main stack" would likely help. That said, you'll still need to be careful about how you get to the Mün. Cykyrios's post has good advice on doing so with minimal ÃŽâ€V expenditure.