Weapon Effect change

Hi there are 3 exhaust prefabs included in BDA large small and medium, and you can call any one of them using the cfg and simply changing the FX name.    for models using these included effects using stock style effects requires that the effect be rotated, As BDA exhaust is rotated 90degress compared to stock exhaust FX

1 hour ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi there are 3 exhaust prefabs included in BDA large small and medium, and you can call any one of them using the cfg and simply changing the FX name.    for models using these included effects using stock style effects requires that the effect be rotated, As BDA exhaust is rotated 90degress compared to stock exhaust FX

We can change any missile with cfg file???

1 minute ago, KranSmith said:

We can change any missile with cfg file???

Only if there is already an existing effect you want to use, if not it requires unity in order to create the effect. 

I should have mentioned that there are two systems in use  for applying exhaust FX to missiles, the one described earlier and the Legacy system in which the exhaust FX are created at the same time as the missile, and in unity, in this case the FX cannot be changed.

One way to tell if a missile is using the newer system is to look in the parts file. if there are no smoke of flame textures, only missile textures then you can change the FX.   

Also worth noting is that FX direction has no relation to thrust direction it is visual only, thrust direction is derived from the missiles parent object

11 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Only if there is already an existing effect you want to use, if not it requires unity in order to create the effect. 

I should have mentioned that there are two systems in use  for applying exhaust FX to missiles, the one described earlier and the Legacy system in which the exhaust FX are created at the same time as the missile, and in unity, in this case the FX cannot be changed.

One way to tell if a missile is using the newer system is to look in the parts file. if there are no smoke of flame textures, only missile textures then you can change the FX.   

Also worth noting is that FX direction has no relation to thrust direction it is visual only, thrust direction is derived from the missiles parent object

Ok so now , i found this : exhaustPrefabPath = BDArmory/Models/exhaust/largeExhaust , some missile no have this line i can add it?

Just now, KranSmith said:

Ok so now , i found this : exhaustPrefabPath = BDArmory/Models/exhaust/largeExhaust , some missile no have this line i can add it?

See below

Just now, KranSmith said:

there are two systems in use  for applying exhaust FX to missiles, the one described earlier and the Legacy system in which the exhaust FX are created at the same time as the missile, and in unity, in this case the FX cannot be changed.

17 minutes ago, KranSmith said:

how i can change PAC-3 to this effect

You can't really, because as i wrote earlier the stock Squad FX are pointed in a different direction than the missiles FX transform,  so for example if you changed the FX to Squads  fx_smokeTrail_medium it would point in the wrong direction, usually vertically instead of horizontally. 

The other option for you as a single user is to find a missile in another mod that does have an exhaust you like and simply change the  exhaustPrefabPath =  To  point to wherever the FX is located

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.