KSP Devs on Kurt J Mac's FLoBathon

Pingonaut

Ok, no way am I sitting through eight hours of walking in one direction. Can anybody point out what point(s) in the recording are relevant to KSP?

Just a bit before 3hrs 27m into the stream is when they begin introductions. Most of them stayed for 2-3 hours answering questions, and then a couple or three stayed until the end of the live stream.

They may be re-appearing from time-to-time over the course of the weekend during his streams.

Just a bit before 3hrs 27m into the stream is when they begin introductions. Most of them stayed for 2-3 hours answering questions, and then a couple or three stayed until the end of the live stream.

They may be re-appearing from time-to-time over the course of the weekend during his streams.

Thank you, that's helpful. :)

NP :) I stayed for the entire stream (don't tell my boss!), and found it entertaining, informative, and revealing in a few places, especially the first bit with Harv talking about just how old KSP actually is. I forget who all showed up, off-hand. All their voices started sounding alike after 5 hours of watching the stream, but maybe Nova or Damion can give us a full cast list?

I dont know why you guys think kurt is a bad player I mean he seems good to me ( I am very bad at ksp ) and yea lots of good info on the live stream and I think the gas giant will have 4 moons, 3 large moons and 1 small one I think Nova said.

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHH I was planning to watch the flobathon but I went and watched Diary Of A Wimpy Kid Dog Days. Missing the squad developers and the flobathon really sucks. I will tune into flobathon torrmarrow. I CAN'T SPELL TORRMARROW!

Heh, Kurt got so much love from the devs, it was crazy. The devs did mention Kerbal accessories (or something like that) so you can choose to deck your Kerbals with 3D glasses, sunglasses, and other stuff I presume.

Can't wait for more! Kurt is too awesome.

Also hoping for a transcript of the KSP stuff, as with the dev chat a while back (currently a sticky thread)

Some cool stuff though by the looks. Eve looks great, awesome to see the colour tones of Charr toned down (that is the Mars-like planet right?)

Also, the physical model of Kerbol is epic to see! Ive been waiting to see that intergrated since very early on playing KSP :D

Also hoping to see a transcript up at some point, not sure how likely that is however, but it would be great to read everything which was said (like with the Dev talk sticky in this section, from quite some time ago)

But yeh its great to see all this new stuff for 0.17, Eve looks great! Its good to see Charr (thats the mars planet yet?) has had its colour tones dialed down a little. And Im very excited to see the physical body for Kerbol now, Ive been wanting to check out the actual physical body of the start since the start of my time playing KSP!

Edited by Capt'n Skunky

Also hoping for a transcript of the KSP stuff, as with the dev chat a while back (currently a sticky thread)

Some cool stuff though by the looks. Eve looks great, awesome to see the colour tones of Charr toned down (that is the Mars-like planet right?)

Also, the physical model of Kerbol is epic to see! Ive been waiting to see that intergrated since very early on playing KSP :D

Also hoping to see a transcript up at some point, not sure how likely that is however, but it would be great to read everything which was said (like with the Dev talk sticky in this section, from quite some time ago)

But yeh its great to see all this new stuff for 0.17, Eve looks great! Its good to see Charr (thats the mars planet yet?) has had its colour tones dialed down a little. And Im very excited to see the physical body for Kerbol now, Ive been wanting to check out the actual physical body of the start since the start of my time playing KSP!

As far as what I thought, that is the mars parallel. From what I could tell from the stream, Charr is a completely different, bright lava filled planet, where Mars is just rust-based.

First, I highly doubt there will be a transcript, since it wasn't an official Q&A thing, and the questions were answered at random.

Second, Charr isn't a Mars-like planet. It's a lava planet.

No, the devs aren't there at the moment and please don't derail the tread again. We need to stay focus on the update.

Moderator Comment: Lat three posts moved from Unofficial 0.17 fan-made discussion. As Jon Tash says, this does not belong there.

Edited by softweir

I don't think you can be bad at KSP as long as you have fun playing it - and as long as your conscience can handle the number of KIA Kerbonauts you produced.

My conscience could handle it, 'til I got Jebediah as my next Kerbonaut.

I haven't killed one since :)

And, for those that want to see it, timestamped link: http://www.twitch.tv/kurtjmac/b/328128129?t=205m55s should go to just before the introductions.

Every new image I see from the upcoming versions thrills me; I'm so excited to see where the devs will take this game. They've really hit a home run.

I mean, seriously. We don't need any more military shooters. I have been craving a game that challenges me, and amuses me, and isn't about killing others wantonly. KSP invites me to learn skills that humanity must master if we are to have any future at all. Think about that.

I'm also excited by the number of KSP enthusiasts who have sprung up, and begun to learn these esoteric skills. This IS rocket science, if simplified, and it seems people are willing and able to learn it. How awesome is that?

I guess I'm done ranting for now.

Edited by pebble_garden

Every new image I see from the upcoming versions thrills me; I'm so excited to see where the devs will take this game. They've really hit a home run.

I mean, seriously. We don't need any more military shooters. I have been craving a game that challenges me, and amuses me, and isn't about killing others wantonly. KSP invites me to learn skills that humanity must master if we are to have any future at all. Think about that.

I'm also excited by the number of KSP enthusiasts who have sprung up, and begun to learn these esoteric skills. This IS rocket science, if simplified, and it seems people are willing and able to learn it. How awesome is that?

I agree with you fully on this. Games are heading towards the cookie cutter genre, nowadays. It's fun to play esoteric games, and the like.

It's the main reason I play indie games. Most of them are so different, that they would never survive without community support, in the main market.

Average gamer wouldn't pick up ksp off a store shelf. And if they did, they would certainly find it exceptionally difficult to get into.

That's why youtube, and lp's in general, are a blessing to indie game development. It gets it out there, brings in fans, and shows how fun a game can be.

I bought ksp, after watching kurt play it.

And I heavily disagree with the person that said kurts a bad player.

I mean, he might not be the best, but, he has come a long way.

Hell, he taught me more about orbital mechanics than I ever thought to bother learning.

He might not be the best, but he's funny, and entertaining.

And for indie games, there is honestly no better marketing.

i also agree with this. KSP seems to have a perfect mix between, "simple to learn, hard to master".

I agree with you fully on this. Games are heading towards the cookie cutter genre, nowadays. It's fun to play esoteric games, and the like.

It's the main reason I play indie games. Most of them are so different, that they would never survive without community support, in the main market.

Average gamer wouldn't pick up ksp off a store shelf. And if they did, they would certainly find it exceptionally difficult to get into.

That's why youtube, and lp's in general, are a blessing to indie game development. It gets it out there, brings in fans, and shows how fun a game can be.

I bought ksp, after watching kurt play it.

And I heavily disagree with the person that said kurts a bad player.

I mean, he might not be the best, but, he has come a long way.

Hell, he taught me more about orbital mechanics than I ever thought to bother learning.

He might not be the best, but he's funny, and entertaining.

And for indie games, there is honestly no better marketing.

In one of his recentish videos he did very well using ideas he got from the forums. No Kerbals where killed in the video, no catastrophes happened. Everything went better than expected.

And it just wasn't as fun, of course when you're playing your own game you want to achieve great things; going to the satellites [and planets] successfully, but what is the most interesting to watch is the more daring things: Rockets you would wouldn't normally build because they are just so mental and inefficient, space shuttles strapped to a rocket.

In short I hope Kurt stays off these forums

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.