ULA launch and discussion thread

tater

• 2 weeks later...

On 10/4/2017 at 5:37 AM, MatterBeam said:

Its interesting to watch another space launch doing live webcasts, other than SpaceX.

My son and I watch as many as we can---we watched one ULA launch, and the particular launch either didn't have onboard video, or it ceased after SRB sep, and they went to animation. He said, "No more video?" to which I answered, "No." He then said, "This doesn't land, either, right?" To which I also answered, "no." He said, "Not interesting." and went back to what he was doing before the launch. 

50 minutes ago, tater said:
My son and I watch as many as we can---we watched one ULA launch, and the particular launch either didn't have onboard video, or it ceased after SRB sep, and they went to animation. He said, "No more video?" to which I answered, "No." He then said, "This doesn't land, either, right?" To which I also answered, "no." He said, "Not interesting." and went back to what he was doing before the launch. 

Fascinating this is going to be the 'new normal' for the next generation.

Years ago I felt the same way about non-shuttle launches. We set up NASA Select sat tv in the office at the U (we put a dish on the roof, lol), and we'd watch launches, but we were pretty "meh" on Delta, Atlas, etc. by comparison they seemed tiny, and boring unless the payload was a probe we were rooting for.