Mono.dll access violation on self

I try to launch ksp and it will load completely then on the brief loading screen before the main menu appears it crashes, I have reinstalled everything, reinstalled all of the mods, made sure everything was  goo, I'm very sure that all of my mods are set for  1.3.0 but a double check wouldn't hurt, and is there an easier way to check the version compatibility of a mod then looking through there pages.

I have ksp set to run 1.3.0. I have no idea what to do, I've been trying to solve this sine 8 am EST and it's now 2:30. I've been looking through the forums and found some stuff about it but don't understand how or even if they were resolved.

[Giant browser-destroying log files snipped by moderator]

I will provide any other information requested.

PLease help

Edited by Snark
Please don't paste big text files into the forum. Thanks.

Hello, and welcome to the forums!  :)

15 minutes ago, KERBATRON said:

I try to launch ksp and it will load completely then on the brief loading screen before the main menu appears it crashes

Most likely something to do with one of your mods.  Have you tried running with no mods installed, and verified whether the crash still happens?

• If it crashes even when no mods are installed, you can post your question over in tech support for unmodded installed.
  • If it only crashes when your mods are installed, you should establish which mod it is, then post in the thread for that particular mod with your problem.

Assuming that it is, indeed, one of your mods that's causing the problem:  Figuring out which one is a bit tedious, but unavoidable, and not too bad.  What you do is, try running with just half of the mods installed (doesn't matter which ones).  Whether it still crashes or not will tell you which half the culprit is lurking in.  So then you take half of those, and repeat the process, halving the list each time.  Even if you have literally a thousand mods installed, you would need at most 10 iterations of that to zero in to the one mod causing the problem.

On a final note:  I've taken the liberty of snipping your log files out of your post.  Please don't paste giant text files directly into the forum.  Not only does it make things very unreadable for people, but for folks on mobile browsers, it sucks up precious wireless bandwidth, and can slow their browsers to a crawl or even make them lock up entirely.  Sharing log files is definitely a good thing to do-- just don't paste them into the forum.  Instead, put them on some 3rd-party file hosting site (there are plenty on the internet), and then link to it from here, instead of actually pasting it here.  Your fellow forumgoers will appreciate it.  Thanks!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.