Constantly slowing down while going to Mun, can't warp (Mechjeb)

I'm using MechJeb to try and get to Mun, and I use the ascent autopilot to get in orbit fine at about 80km (is that enough?) and then I use the transfer module in Orbital Operations to set my transfer to Mun.

Unfortunately after I do my burn towards the moon, there seems to be a constant negative acceleration on my ship (presumably due to the gravity of Kerbin). This means I can't warp (can't warp while accelerating), which makes it extremely tedious to try and get to Mun, is there any way I can prevent this?

Simple, get to the Mun without using mechjeb. Seriously, am I the only one who doesn't use mechjeb?

Just because you prefer to play without MechJeb doesn't make anyone that uses it any less of a player.

In fact, MechJeb is a great learning tool. I had the damnedest time trying to get a nice circular orbit. After watching MechJeb do it a few times I was able to do it by myself without it. But now having launched a few hundred rockets into orbit, I don't feel like doing it by hand since it's the same old boring thing over and over. Now I can launch the rocket and go grab a drink, a bite to eat, or use the restroom and come back to a nicely orbiting craft.

Cheers!

Capt'n Skunky

KSP Community Manager

Just because you prefer to play without MechJeb doesn't make anyone that uses it any less of a player.

In fact' date=' MechJeb is a great learning tool. I had the damnedest time trying to get a nice circular orbit. After watching MechJeb do it a few times I was able to do it by myself without it. But now having launched a few hundred rockets into orbit, I don't feel like doing it by hand since it's the same old boring thing over and over. Now I can launch the rocket and go grab a drink, a bite to eat, or use the restroom and come back to a nicely orbiting craft.

Cheers!

[b']Capt'n Skunky

KSP Community Manager

Exactly my sentiments Capt'n. Whenever I needed to perform a manoeuver that I had no knowledge of, I'd turn to MJ to see how it was done. I'm also quite a fan of pressing 'Engage' and walking off for a drink/whatever.

I think MechJeb is also quite a useful tool to use when developing new craft. Since it's extremely difficult to manually fly the same path to orbit every single time with a new design, use of MJ removes quite a bit of uncertainty in the results. This allows you to ensure each launch of a new craft and its variations is a 'fair test', thus speeding up development.

And the beauty of it is that when you feel like a bit more of a challenge, you can just press 'Off'.

Yeah really I used it to visualize how to actually get into orbit, as I felt like the tutorials I read didn't make it massively clear how it works. Watching Mechjeb do it (especially in terms of watching when it starts the gravity turn) really made it much easier to get a good grasp on it.