SCANsat Not Working Correctly

Hi all,

So, the SCANsat toolbar icon stopped showing up for me a few days ago, and the SCANsat section in the settings has also disappeared. I don't know what changed to make it disappear; I haven't downloaded any new mods since then or done anything else to the KSP files. All the parts still appear and there's options to enable/disable scanning, but I can't open the maps or use the mod in any way. I've tried completely deleting SCANsat and reinstalling both manually and from CKAN, and nothing works. In addition, at the same time that this problem occurred, I've been getting orange/red error messages that scroll constantly in the top-right of the screen. These appear in every scene and are quite distracting, but they change so fast I can't read them or tell what they refer to. Hopefully the log files will be able to clear this up.

I mainly just want to fix the SCANsat issue so that I can use maps again, but also fixing the error messages is a priority for me.

Log download below for both KSP.log and output_log.txt

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gpfpeymfukfs4r2/KSP.log?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mnnvk1cqezaegd5/output_log.txt?dl=0

All help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Windspren

well SatScan did just update the other day so get that. but the problem you describe  most likely sounds to be a mod conflict. I am sorry but I don't subscribe to the "not sharing unless they can count you as a user" function of dropbox so I cannot see the logs(I have my own file services.. lol)

I would have to recommend starting fresh and adding the mods you need, but I could suspect a duplicate of cck or crp folders within as they do add menus. MemmoryModule 3.01 gives good details on errors

I have seen where adding the content of gamedata and not just the "mods components" has given me menu issues as many modders will package a support or dependent mod within like cck. so I might check for duplicates

Hope this helps

Jammer

14 minutes ago, Jammer-TD said:

well SatScan did just update the other day so get that. but the problem you describe  most likely sounds to be a mod conflict. I am sorry but I don't subscribe to the "not sharing unless they can count you as a user" function of dropbox so I cannot see the logs(I have my own file services.. lol)

I would have to recommend starting fresh and adding the mods you need, but I could suspect a duplicate of cck or crp folders within as they do add menus. MemmoryModule 3.01 gives good details on errors

I have seen where adding the content of gamedata and not just the "mods components" has given me menu issues as many modders will package a support or dependent mod within like cck. so I might check for duplicates

Hope this helps

Jammer

The logs should be visible. The files are set to be downloadable by anyone. This isn't a mod conflict; I've tried a setup with SCANsat alone and the problem persists.

I was able to get the log this time. and there is nothing so wow in there from my laymen's view. I do use SCANsat and I only use 1.3.1 mods (except for warp everywhere and chatter)this does work for me today.

you do auto updates in the background and it does appear they are all good. but I don't trust the auto stuff so I do it all manually. you do have the icons (5 .png files)folder within SCANsat? as if that were gone this could happen

I updated to the latest version 18.2 recently and the menu looks fine. so I am not sure how else I could help.

GL

Jammer

Edited by Jammer-TD

On 20. 12. 2017 at 8:24 PM, Windspren said:

Hi all,

So, the SCANsat toolbar icon stopped showing up for me a few days ago, and the SCANsat section in the settings has also disappeared. I don't know what changed to make it disappear; I haven't downloaded any new mods since then or done anything else to the KSP files. All the parts still appear and there's options to enable/disable scanning, but I can't open the maps or use the mod in any way. I've tried completely deleting SCANsat and reinstalling both manually and from CKAN, and nothing works. In addition, at the same time that this problem occurred, I've been getting orange/red error messages that scroll constantly in the top-right of the screen. These appear in every scene and are quite distracting, but they change so fast I can't read them or tell what they refer to. Hopefully the log files will be able to clear this up.

I mainly just want to fix the SCANsat issue so that I can use maps again, but also fixing the error messages is a priority for me.

Log download below for both KSP.log and output_log.txt

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gpfpeymfukfs4r2/KSP.log?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mnnvk1cqezaegd5/output_log.txt?dl=0

All help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Windspren

I skimmend through your logs and you have a bigger problem with EVE. That's where that error spam comes from. I recomend scratching your installation and do a completly new one, when you'll verify, that you have right versions of the mods (I'm using spreadsheet to keep track of installed mods and their versions) and install them one by one ensuring, that everything works without errors.

9 hours ago, maja said:

I skimmend through your logs and you have a bigger problem with EVE. That's where that error spam comes from. I recomend scratching your installation and do a completly new one, when you'll verify, that you have right versions of the mods (I'm using spreadsheet to keep track of installed mods and their versions) and install them one by one ensuring, that everything works without errors.

Is that what's causing SCANsat to not work?

I've done some testing, and strangely, it seems to be the installation of Overdrive along with SCANsat that causes it to break. However, the SCANsat issue also comes up for me on a clean install, which is strange. Having all of my usual mods, sans Overdrive, results in the problem going away.

I'm rather confused by this, as I don't think that any of my other mods are interfacing with SCANsat.

Anyway, I suppose that this problem can be considered fixed with a workaround, and hopefully to be completely fixed if the Overdrive dev can fix this bug.

Thank you to everyone for the help,

Windspren

It looks like it's not so much of a bug as an incompatibility. Overdrive roots around in the KSP UI and screws things up for how SCANsat expects things to be. I could probably prevent the error so that it doesn't completely break SCANsat, but the UI would still not be right in some areas.

5 hours ago, DMagic said:

It looks like it's not so much of a bug as an incompatibility. Overdrive roots around in the KSP UI and screws things up for how SCANsat expects things to be. I could probably prevent the error so that it doesn't completely break SCANsat, but the UI would still not be right in some areas.

A fix would be great! The Overdrive dev doesn't seem to be active much anymore, so for now I've disabled Overdrive completely.

Thanks,

Windspren

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.