FloatCurve error in Log

I'm seeing a lot of errors for 'some' engines. It's not consistent or for all engine with a floatcurve  but for those that error, it produces an error at least two of the errors listend below.

"FloatCurve: Invalid line. Requires two values, 'time' and 'value' 

Has anyone seen this error before and solved it? I searched the forum and there seems to be only Log file references that people have.

5 hours ago, wile1411 said:

I'm seeing a lot of errors for 'some' engines. It's not consistent or for all engine with a floatcurve  but for those that error, it produces an error at least two of the errors listend below.

"FloatCurve: Invalid line. Requires two values, 'time' and 'value' 

Has anyone seen this error before and solved it? I searched the forum and there seems to be only Log file references that people have.

It _was_ caused by an old version of RealPlumes that had an incorrect effects definition.  It should be fixed in the recent versions of RealPlume.

But any mod could cause it that doesn't setup their float-curve configs properly.

4 hours ago, wile1411 said:

So, could I troubleshoot it by finding the curves that cause the error and running it through Sarbians Float curve editor to check?

Or you could identify the issue, as it will affect others. less motivated to find out why,  and get in touch with whoever is currently maintaining the mod.  As i'm sure most mod makers would rather have it brought to their attention and be able to rectify the problem   , rather than it be a personal fix. Consider it contributing to the health of a mod you like to use..

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

2 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Or you could identify the issue, as it will affect others. less motivated to find out why,  and get in touch with whoever is currently maintaining the mod.  As i'm sure most mod makers would rather have it brought to their attention and be able to rectify the problem   , rather than it be a personal fix. Consider it contributing to the health of a mod you like to use..

Happy to do that and I usually do report issues that cause errors where I find them. Just depending on how confident I can be with knowing if it's an actual error or just some conflict with another mod.

Which leads be back to the curve editor, will that spit out error when it finds them? enough that I can report issues it says are incorrect?

EDIT:

I've tried to add the following curve from a FASA engine

atmosphereCurve
     {
        key = 0 320
       key = 1 290
     }

I can't tell if there is an issue. Is the correct notation for the curve 4 values per line as per the editor, or will 2 values (like that above) also work without error. If it's the former and all I need to do is add " 0 0" at the end of any rows don't have 4 values, then it should be an easy fix.

Nevermind - I see from the info thread here that they are optional.

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/84201-info-ksp-floatcurves-and-you-the-magic-of-tangents/

Edited by wile1411

19 hours ago, Shadowmage said:

It _was_ caused by an old version of RealPlumes that had an incorrect effects definition.  It should be fixed in the recent versions of RealPlume.

But any mod could cause it that doesn't setup their float-curve configs properly.

Thanks for this - I've checked running without RealPlume / RelPlumeStock / Smokescreen and the problem does indeed go away. Found the old issue, another one too. Posted there to see if there is something I can test for.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.