Hello World! (+ (kind of) funny story!)

Nekwall

Hello forums! After attempting to join a different time and never getting an activation email, I tried again and now I'm here! Yay! Now, for what you're probably here for, the (kind of?) funny story! So, I finally built a rocket actually capable of achieving orbit. Once I got into a very lopsided orbit, I decided to attempt to land on the Mun. So I did a prograde burn? and got in a trajectory for the Mun. I sped up time and entered the Mun's gravitation field. That's when I realized I had used up my remaining fuel getting into the field. I sped up time again and escaped the Mun's gravitation field, expecting to be back in an orbit around Kerbin. I then found out that the Mun's gravity had slingshot me into an orbit around the Sun. Fun.

Yeah, from Sci-Fi and all that, i expected slingshots to be a navigational masterpiece of space-flight. Turns out, as long as you dont care where you end up, they are rather easy to achieve. On my first full-version flight, i was so lucky, that a mun-approach would have slingshoted me directly into Minmus´ grav-field, had i opted on it. As Minmus orbit is slightly off-plane, that was quite a lucky shot. I still find it hard to reach, even when i am actually trying. ;D