Been away a while, status?

p1t1o

19 minutes ago, AVaughan said:

Well we haven't seen Emiko Asteroid in what 18 months or more now?  Last time I recall you mentioning Emiko Station, you wanted to rebuild the station.  So just find another seed for a monster E-class asteroid, and build your new station, and we will probably not be able to tell the asteroids apart.

I can try... unless this gets changed, and I doubt they're going to do it for just me, I don't know if I have any other choice. And you're right, even if they look a little different, I know everyone will understand. Everyone here is really cool about stuff like that. 

Normally I back-up my entire game before I try upgrading... I can do that, make a new game copy, upgrade it and see if all the mods I need are caught up (I'm pretty sure they are), and if that all works, start asteroid hunting. Oh, and I just checked... I have three other important asteroids, The green and red magic ones, and Piper's rock, that I use for other things as well on occasion...

And go figure, I'm batting 1000, they're all 8-digit seeds.  But those other three I only need to be around the same size... Emiko has to be a monster, so it may take a little hunting around to find one that big again. Once I find them I can swap out seed numbers. I know how to find them now.

I'm not thrilled doing all this extra work, but it's better that I know what I'm dealing with...

Thanks for the help!  :)

Edited by Just Jim

11 hours ago, AVaughan said:

Do read the forum thread that quote can from 

as there is some good info in that as well.  Worst case, you can probably generate a number of seeds (or hyper edit your way to a number of asteroids to find one with a decent seed), until you can find a seed that will reproduce an acceptable substitute for your existing asteroids.  

Wait so do the asteroids only get re-seeded once? On upgrade? Initially I got the impression (Baselessly assumed?) that loading any savegame would re-shuffle the asteroids?

If its just a one-time thing, then it wont affect a new career at all.

1 minute ago, p1t1o said:

Wait so do the asteroids only get re-seeded once? On upgrade? Initially I got the impression (Baselessly assumed?) that loading any savegame would re-shuffle the asteroids?

If its just a one-time thing, then it wont affect a new career at all.

I thought the same at first. But if it's just one time, I can live with it, I suppose. I'll just to fix it as best possible after.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.