Hello

Kastro

Hi guys,

I am relatively new to this game and all the other aspects such as development, game play and planned updates.

I have a few questions to start with:

- Is multiplayer planned in the future for this game?

- What development stage is this game currently in; Infdev, Alpha, Beta etc.

- How does one get to the moon?

Any answers in regards to these questions would be much appreciated. On a side note, I really like this game and I think it's an incredibly innovative project and will hopefully create public interest into the great world that is space exploration. Keep up the great work!

Thanks,

Kastro

Welcome to the forums.

- Is multiplayer planned in the future for this game?

If multiplayer ever gets implemented, it will be after the main single-player game is mostly completed. For the time being, no multiplayer implementation of any sort is planned.

- What development stage is this game currently in; Infdev, Alpha, Beta etc.

It's currently in Alpha

- How does one get to the moon?

There are many good guides in the how to section of the forums. For a video tutorial on how to get to the mun and back check this topic out.

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/showthread.php/15652-Orbital-Mechanics-101-A-Kerbal-Space-Program-Tutorial

Happy launching!

Answers first

Multiplayer: If it is ever implemented it will likely be closer to, if not after, the release of the game. There are issues when it comes to how to include time warp etc. with multiple people.

Development: as i understand it the game is currently alpha (0.16 being the latest release). Also Infdev was coined for minecraft as they were adding the infinite terrain gen and thus can't be applied to another game.

Mun (moon): The how to board on these forums usually has a guide in the firs couple of pages. the tutorial here:

is what I used. the general idea is to get into a low orbit around kerbin then wait till the mun rises above the horizon to burn. you want to set your apoapsis at about 11.6 million meters or the mun's orbit. once you switch into the mun's sphere of influence wait until periapsis to burn retrograde and circularise your orbit around the mun.