Maneuver Node Planning Precision Not Available

Controller - Radial Preset

Console - PS4

I am trying to get an aerobraking trajectory for Duna with a small lander but when editing maneuver nodes from halfway around the Kerbol orbit I am getting wild swings in the distances and completely unable to fine tune my periapsis below 30KM with the Ham-Fisted default maneuver planning. For example, I will barely press the joystick to move the maneuver node axis I want to edit and get a 600K KM swing in my periapsis. This is not a problem on the computer version of KSP as my mouse is more fine tuned than the controller joystick.

The game claims holding L1 will allow me to edit more precisely but this just switches the axis of maneuver that I am editing. Whats the deal here?

Is there a way to actually edit the maneuver node so I can potentially aerobrake and efficiently guide my craft to landing on Duna, or do I need to over-engineer the excrements out of the thing so I can have an extra 2km/s delta-V just for a circulization burn?

Thanks for any help.

8 hours ago, Saurenath said:

Controller - Radial Preset

Console - PS4

I am trying to get an aerobraking trajectory for Duna with a small lander but when editing maneuver nodes from halfway around the Kerbol orbit I am getting wild swings in the distances and completely unable to fine tune my periapsis below 30KM with the Ham-Fisted default maneuver planning. For example, I will barely press the joystick to move the maneuver node axis I want to edit and get a 600K KM swing in my periapsis. This is not a problem on the computer version of KSP as my mouse is more fine tuned than the controller joystick.

The game claims holding L1 will allow me to edit more precisely but this just switches the axis of maneuver that I am editing. Whats the deal here?

Is there a way to actually edit the maneuver node so I can potentially aerobrake and efficiently guide my craft to landing on Duna, or do I need to over-engineer the excrements out of the thing so I can have an extra 2km/s delta-V just for a circulization burn?

Thanks for any help.

There is No Way to finetune the maneuver, get as Close as u can and perform a midcursecorrection Halfway trough duna, will cost u just a few dv

Yeah it is annoying not having precision  mode for manouvers. 

For the time being try not to be too precise when setting up manouvers. Then do most of /all of that burn then you can focus view on Duna and  manually bring it down to where you want it. (Recommend limiting engine thrust for this)

It's a bit of a pain doing this but it will help you get more familiar with doing manual burns/what each navball icon actually does.

Hope this helps for it time being.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.