KSP_64 1.3.1 Career Corrupted?

Hey all,

A frustrating one for you. My 1.3.1 Career save has suddenly started misbehaving. KSP loads to the menu as usual but the persistent and renamed quicksaves do not load when 'resume' is selected, instead crashing the game. Even more frustratingly, there are no crash logs to try and narrow down the problem.

KSP: 1.3.1 Windows 64bit

Problem: Career save crashes on load. KSP initializes as normal, when selecting resume career save, the screen goes black, the gray animated loading tab in the bottom right appears and the planets rotate a little, then a windows error pops up ("something caused KSP_64 to stop working") and it crashes to desktop.

Mods installed: Lots! But it has been working reliably for at least 2-3 weeks on an offline Laptop, nothing has been updated and steam is in offline mode. There are some outdated mods on the install but I've been using them with 1.3.1 since it came out with no issues.

Reproduction steps: Reverting to a backup save works, but any saves made after this point refuse to load. The game works fine for as long as i want, but the saves made after the initial loading become dysfunctional. I have tried re-naming quicksaves to persistent and this also does not work. Removing all ship and sub-assembly files (not the folders themselves) doesnt seem to make any difference.

Log: None generated

So, my questions are - firstly is there any way to get it to generate a output log to try and track down the issue? Or any other tips or hints to track down the gremlins?

Secondly, is there something on the last craft I was using that's causing the issue (a simple satellite round Ike,
mostly stock with some Scansat, Karbonite, RLA and ProbePlus parts)? A mod causing chaos (I am going to start removing them
one by one, but I'm not sure I'll have many crafts left after!)? Or, more depressingly, is their something deeper wrong with the savefile itself and I'm just going to have to start again? *cries*

Anyhow, sorry that's not particularly illuminating. Thanks in advance for your attention.

BF

5 hours ago, BigFish said:

So, my questions are - firstly is there any way to get it to generate a output log to try and track down the issue?

The game will always make a log. The locations are mentioned in the pinned thread (in the middle):

And you should probably make a backup of your save folder before trying something else.

Edited by Harry Rhodan

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.