A Question Relating to Save Transfer Between Versions

OK so I have a question. I've built several complex crafts in 1.4.1 and now I'm finding all the bugs and mess, particularly the landing gear glitch, which is definitely a problem for me. Is there any way to transfer saved games to another version? Or do I have to start over? I'm not planning to update to 1.4.2 because I've heard it is just as bad if not worse, but when everything has been fixed I'd like to start playing on a new version.

I'm not sure of you can revert back down versions or not... I'd be interested to hear what happens if you try. Make double sure you back everything up first!!!

I know you said you don't want to upgrade, but I did read in the last KSPweekly the landing-leg fix will be in the next patch. BTW... other than I'm avoiding any heavy landers until the patch drops, just in case, I haven't had any problems with 1.4.2.

Edited by Just Jim

5 minutes ago, The Dunatian said:

That's not what I meant. Can saved games be transferred from an older version to a newer one?

Yes, usually. I've upgraded my Emiko career game from version 0.94 all the way up to 1.3.1, and it's survived all the upgrades.

I'm rebuilding it now for 1.4.2, but that's not because it's bugged... I'm just re-doing it because so much new stuff has been added since I started it (like Kerbnet).

The one issue I've run into bringing a game into a new version, is sometimes ships and/or bases can just disappear. I think this might be because of changes in a part... but I'm not sure.

Anyway, I always try and bring my crew home to the KSC before upgrading, just in case.... even if it means cheating with HyperEdit to bring them home, and using it again to put them back where they were after.

Again... I know this seems obvious, but I can't say it enough, back everything up first, just in case. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.