Cargo bay doors?

Yasashii

Hi. I just wanted to ask if there's a plugin out there that would allow me to put space shuttle-like cargo bay doors on my rocket/shuttle.

The point is, of course to have an easy and rigid cargo bay in which I can deliver cargo to orbit and deploy it there. I built something like this using novapunch pack's firings but they were too weak and tended to wobble and sometimes break apart which is not acceptable. Also I had to open the cargo bay by jettisoning half of the firings which is not realistic at all. I want ones that I can open and close at will.

There is something called damned robotics:

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/showthread.php/9675-v0-16-Damned-Robotics-Version-1-2

Is has moving parts like pistons, motors (they rotate) and hinges... It doesn't give you a cargo bay door but you could probably make something and use these parts to allow it to rotate. Like a box made out of the rectangular wing pieces with the top on hinges, letting it rotate... I don't know, I hope you get what I am getting at :P

Even if I constructed something like that it would miss the point. My previous space shuttles broke apart because the cargo bays were made of separate firings. For that to work it would have to be only one part. It's the same case with fuel tanks. if you construct your rocket of multiple small tanks it will wobble a lot and may break apart. If you construct it of a single tank that can hold the same amount of fuel, it will be strong and rigid. That's what I need. Only with a cargo bay.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.