which planet are you most excited for?

Czman007

Which planet are you most excited for?  

1. 1. Which planet are you most excited for?

For landings it would probably the the Mars-like planet, easier landing, easier return. For orbits and orbital practice, then the gas giant probably. It'll be fun to do the orbital translations from moon to moon to planet, and then hopefully have enough fuel to return.

I fly to mars-like planet,first.

My Tutorial To Do That In 20 Steps(MTTDTI20S)(Only works after 0.17 release).

1.Install MMI Sat Pack.

2.Install MMI Kethane mod.

2.5.Install tardis mod(optional).

3.Build giant minning facillity on Mun.

4.Build giant orbital refueling space station (on kerbin orbit).

5.Take all Kethane with one ship from mun to your orbital Refueling station.

6.Build your super interplanetary ship with 3-Man pod and lot of Kethane tanks and with conventors(for fuel) and with two small mechjeb probes(for more Kethane) with one lader for one Kerman who can land with a probe and mine some kethane,then get back to orbit and rendezvous with your main super ship.

7.Rendezvous with refueling station and take all of Kethane what you can(you will need a lot of them).

8.Go into solar orbit and go to the Eve orbit.

9.Scan for Kethane.

10.Send your probes into kethan sources.

11.MINE ALL WHAT YOU CAN(And do some EVA Pictures).

12.Ascent and rendezvous with your main orbiting ship.

13.Dock(With landing legs).

14.Pump all kethane from probes to main ship.And convert kethane to fuel.

15.Do some relax and do some epic pictures(and timelapse for me :-P).

16.Exit Eve orbit and enter solar orbit.

17.Use Hohman's transfer orbit to rendezvous with the mars-like planet.

18.Again enter orbit(now we can call it murs.Okay?

19.Decouple main lander(Again with mechjeb control and ladders for crew(for 3)),land,ascend and rendezvous with main ship(maybe mine some kethan),again dock(with landing legs),if you mine kethan,pump it to main ship,convert them to fuel,if you have do it before,do it again(and put kerbals from ladders back to the command module).

20.Exit Murs orbit,then enter the solar orbit,use Hohman's transfer orbit to rendezvous with kerbin,eject the command module with parachute(s)(first make re-entry orbit of course),and you are back from grand tour!

The Mars-like. It'll be my first attempt at an interplanetary mission and I think it will be the one I'm most likely to succeed in the fewest attempts at. I'll hopefully be able to land on it's moon (as it will require less fuel) first and then the planet itself before returning home.

EDIT: Actually, taking mission science objectives into account, landing on the planet would probably be primary and the moon secondary.

Edited by BurningSky93

im generally excited for every planet the same, at the end of the day they are all brand new environments and its going to be one hell of a challenge especially since i can't complete a round trip to minmus yet. lmao

Hmmm, I'd say the Mars equivalent, Duna. The interesting landscape and reddish looks creates a nice 'alien' ambience, yet somewhat recognizable due to Mars being a hot item in the media nowadays.

Laythe, the ocean moon around the gas giant, is also on my top-list to visit. Covered in some kind of liquid, dense atmosphere, and probably a fascinating view on the gas giant.

definitely gas giant. Its further away from kerbol = less delta-v required than eve or charr, has the most moons to visit, and no one really knows what delving into the gases will do to your ship. seems like landing on mars planet or venus planet will just feel the same except everythings red/purple.

Eve sounds interesting... but... I don't think it's possible to land and leave on. The gravity + 5x density air I don't know how it'll work. With air that thick, you could practically get into orbit with a balloon or swim through the atmosphere like a submarine. You could probably land with a few parachutes alone on the plus side.

If air breathing engines would work, maybe that'd be the best way too.

I'm probably going to try for the desert planet first. It's smaller, thinner atmosphere, and further out, so returning will be easier too. I don't know if I'll be able to get further out though, it's just about the limit of my lander to reach minimus/mun. At best I can only hope a Mun gravity whip could get me that far out.

Eve sounds interesting... but... I don't think it's possible to land and leave on. The gravity + 5x density air I don't know how it'll work. With air that thick, you could practically get into orbit with a balloon or swim through the atmosphere like a submarine. You could probably land with a few parachutes alone on the plus side.

I'm probably going to try for the desert planet first. It's smaller, thinner atmosphere, and further out, so returning will be easier too. I don't know if I'll be able to get further out though, it's just about the limit of my lander to reach minimus/mun. At best I can only hope a Mun gravity whip could get me that far out.

your lander will probably better than a VTOL space plane with aerospike engines because that is the only thing i am good at whatsoever

I prefer the moon of any gasplanet

why? most gasplanets is an gaint planet comparised by the rocky planets,factor thousands or tenthousands bigger.

imagine that if you landed on moon Titan and you can see a gaint planet of saturnus on the sky.

082207_LebretonHuydes_lg.jpg

I see some people choose for gas planets but landing on gasplanet is impossible, even with the future star trek technology.

1. the gravity of gasplanet is more then ten times more of earth's gravity. your own weight will crush yourself until a pancake.

2. the pressure of gas is extreme high, how deeper you go, how hotter and higher pressure it will be, even hotter then on surface of the sun.

nothing survives that, even not with special probes.

I'm hoping they will add some sort of unmanned pod so that you can land things on other worlds without the obligation to bring it back.

I'm hoping they will add some sort of unmanned pod so that you can land things on other worlds without the obligation to bring it back.

wow i never thought of that, that is actualy a realy smart idea, if they did that though it would very good for proof of concept rockets to get to eve and back so if you fail it is alot better than losing people to crashes

either that or you could just make giant rockets that lag alot

I'll send unmanned probes to other planets, though I probably won't make a return vessel until docking is implemented, as my machine lags too much with large vessels, so I'll make my vessel in orbit.

And definitely Duna, its the easiest planet (not moon) to land on, then I'll visit the Gas Giants moons, and finally onto Eve, with it's associated difficulties, you can land with parachutes, though you have to punch back through a dense atmosphere against a stronger atmosphere to return to orbit...

Edited by Ki11aWi11
Amending it with more info

All of them, but I have to say the Mars-like planet (Duna? I've only been playing a couple days...) I would love to see a manned mission to Mars in my lifetime, but since I likely have to wait twenty or so years, I might as well have a Kerbal version of my own :sticktongue:

All of them, but I have to say the Mars-like planet (Duna? I've only been playing a couple days...) I would love to see a manned mission to Mars in my lifetime, but since I likely have to wait twenty or so years, I might as well have a Kerbal version of my own :sticktongue:

I think the more time passes the more they will develop machines that will be able to do anything a human can do, plus more, for the fraction of the price....and the romantic idea of going to mars will be overshadowed by more rational options.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.