Possible Start to KSP Multiplayer: Community Project

Parker

Hey everyone, I'll cut to the chase right away here. I know how to make an easy and fast multilayer program (using Python sockets, doesn't matter if you don't know what these are) but I have no programming knowledge whatsoever in C, C++, or C#, so I was wondering if anyone thinks it would be possible to make a multiplayer "add-on" for Kerbal Space Program that would run as a separate program. I was playing around with a few Ideas that possibly the program could "file sync" both KSP saves which would in a way make it multiplayer, but I have no way of making the save file "live". In other words, the save file updates automatically as you play.

So, this is a community project for a reason, would anyone be interested in making a plugin for KSP that my program could use to make the game multiplayer.

I'm not sure how exactly to do this so please post your ideas, and maybe if we figure out how to make this possible, we can start developing.

THATS CRAZY TO WORK o yea some one made it called the KESSLER :P look before you buy thing is right here plus a client can host one besides joining a kessler sever. so im saying guys that have the kessler can host there own sever

Edited by darkwolfpaw54

Why not just have a separate server app? It stores the persistent solar system the add on would then connect. This way people could run their own server and not worry about somebody having the client running.

That would work, but unfortunately it wouldn't work live.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.