KSP lagging with low FPS on laptop change

Yesterday, I got my new laptop which I wanted since my old one is really old, and overheats while playing ksp, forcing me to pull the plug after 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Considering that it takes 1/2 hour to start up and only had 2 GB ram, this isnt good. However, when I got my KSP install of 1.4.5 over to the new laptop, the startup is faster, but the game as a whole drops in FPS compared to my old laptop, lots of stuttering. Checking my CPU usage I found that im getting 90+ SPU utilization, while RAM is holding steady.

I tried a fresh install of both 1.4.5 and 1.5 to see whether that would fix it, and it didn't help. Changing the graphic options didn't help either. My new laptop has 8 GB ram and no, my original KSP install has only info,functions and autopilot mods - no visuals,planets or parts.

Does anyonw know why is it being so laggy? Any ideas on how to fix it?

Specs -

Old

Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU 2020m @ 2.40 GHz (2CPUs)

Memory: 2 GB

Display: Intel(R) HD Graphics

New

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-7020U CPU @2.30 GHz (4 CPUs)

Memory: 8 GB

Display: Microsoft Basic Display Adapter

Everything else runs fast, except KSP - I tried both x32 and x64 versions.

Any help would really be appreicated.

Edited by Xurkitree
More info

Does your CPU throttle while you are playing?  My laptop will occasionally throttle the CPU back to about .78ghz, which makes the game almost unplayable.  You should be able to check this under the performance tab in task manager.

It seems like all of the specs on your new laptop are similar to or better than your old one.  Is your new laptop actually new?  Or has it been previously used in some way?

You also might want to check and see if you have any CPU intensive background tasks running.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.