[0.16 Stock] Rover

Here is my newly designed rover :)

It can spin out of control and still survive, had some test runs on Kerbin an it started spinning and hopping around at more than 50m/s on the ground and nothing broke ^^

If you start rolling and want the up side up again you can just retract the lading gear, roll and voila! :D

You can use RCS or the rockter at the back to move it

screenshot8fi.png

screenshot14ua.png

screenshot11rg.png

Edited by hollyghost

My stock rover has two wheels on bottom and two on top, at 90 degree angles, even so it has occasional clearance issues with the terrain and scrape the bottom.

Do you think your rover is stable over terrain because it has good clearance on the bottom?

My stock rover has two wheels on bottom and two on top, at 90 degree angles, even so it has occasional clearance issues with the terrain and scrape the bottom.

Do you think your rover is stable over terrain because it has good clearance on the bottom?

Didn't have any issues yet. I noticed I go "into" the ground from time to time when there is a little elevation but usually it never goes any higher then the wheels and I think it's just a bug.

And what do you mean by stable? It happens that it tips over the the side so I don't have the up-side of my craft to be paralell to the ground but even then you can still control it or just stop and turn it over again :)

And I also tried going up and down hills, and it works! ^^

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.