IDEA: KSP .Craft Sharing Website:

One01x

Hi, just a quick post to ask the community and KSP Moderators/Devs if they think it would be a good idea to have a website that showcases aircraft and spacecraft, with pictures, videos and .crafts included. It's not necessarily an alternative to the forum, but it is a place for the best creations to be shared and downloaded, so that people can learn how to make successful rockets or planes by example.

I may or may not be able to come up with a good website, but I'll give it my best shot if you allow me the chance.

Thanks!

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/showthread.php/17206-Replica-Airways-Recreating-aircraft%21

Here's my post, so you know what I've made in this forum so far! More to come.

Sorry, I should have thought this through before posting, but I've had about 2hrs sleep, so I'm surprised I'm even able to type =D

I might make this a smaller website for my own creations and anyone who submits theirs to the website, but looking at some of the others, I won't be able to match their standards so I'll just do something different.

I'm not sure how it will be different, but I'll think of something!

Nope! I'm doing it with a web creation tool called weebly. It seems good so far. I've now created a layout for the website, I just need to refine it and see what I can do about submissions (sending .crafts to be published)

What would really be cool its that this "website" is accessible in game, and you could upload/download ships from inside the game

I imagine this is planned by the devs for some point in the future, as most games have some sort of ingame menu for mods. However, since the forum works well enough, this should be low priority.

Yes, this probably won't be anything official or even close, but I do want to make a somewhat successful website, and I think I'll continue to see what we end up with. Thanks for the support!

Hey, One01x. Nice idea! :)

Some suggestions:

- add a version number, so people can see the game compatibility

- add rating system

- add sorting (for example: newest, top rated, popular, ...)

- license info

- author's info

Edited by StanE

• 7 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.