1.6 and Ogg files crashing

shifty303

1.6 seems to crash at startup upon loading any mods that have ogg audio files. If I remove the mod that caused it to fail it will load further until it reaches another mod with ogg files.

I know that 1.6 is unlikely to be compatible with some mods but I was bored and wanted to test. I searched the forums but couldn't find this posted elsewhere. Anyone have ideas as to why this happens?

23 hours ago, Benjamin Kerman said:

This might be due to something within the mod, and not specific to the ogg files included. Best to ask the specific mod authors about it.

I thought that might be the case until started removing the mods it would stop on one by one and went through 4 (different creators) before I decided to stop testing. Every time it crashed while loading it was on an ogg asset. I don't want to name the mods in case it's an issue caused by myself but I figured I'd check to see if anyone else encountered it.

I figured it out! Apparently my update didn't download and install correctly.

I couldn't launch vanilla either so I verified the game files in steam and it found and fixed one bad file, then launched. I moved the new files to my modded installation and works as it should.

Such an odd behavior for a bad file.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.