Jack's Parts

Jack

XM1 Rocket

AKA, the Destination Moon rocket from Tin Tin.

The legs and the legs + rocket are finished! You can download them now.

Progress so far:

Otvaz.png

Version 1.1 (updated 7-23-2011)

Great for Tin-Tin fans.

Iz2y2.png

Destination Kerban.

Download the Tin-Tin XM1 Rocket Legs, Legs + Rocket, Rocket.

Older Projects

STS-a Fuel Tank

Currently does not store fuel. When fuel tank linking is added, it will.

VM9pA.png

The STS-a. A Space Shuttle type fuel tank. Great for replicas, or just things with orange tanks.

Download the STS-a

MK-83 Explosive Device

Works as planned! I should probably make a fancier texture though.

5It10.png

The MK-83 Explosive Device. Blow stuff up! For best results, attach to a a jettison-able piece, or a radial decoupler.

Download the MK-83 Explosive Device

oh looks really nice to bad it doesnt store fuel :(

The way the game works right now wouldn't allow it to move fuel properly, unless you attached the rocket to the bottom. I'll look into having bottom-mounted fuel tanks I suppose.

could you not define an attachment node with an unusually abnormal offset. would probably make mounting the tank easier aswell

I'm not quite sure what you mean, but the tank currently mounts just like an SRB, without the stacking. You can mount it to the side of any object (I think, maybe not liquid rockets) and also to radial decouplers.

i mean as in add one of the connecting spheres somewhere below the model file and off to the left where the engine would go. The sphere would end up being nowhere near the model file but would allow a liquid rocket to take fuel from the tank.

i mean as in add one of the connecting spheres somewhere below the model file and off to the left where the engine would go. The sphere would end up being nowhere near the model file but would allow a liquid rocket to take fuel from the tank.

This is a very interesting idea, I would think it would work but can you place two bottom nodes?

if you can with the tri coupler i think you can with this aswell

It would be kind of a hacky way to do it, but it would work. The best option is fuel tank linking, but we might not get that.

You can define as many nodes as you'd like:

node_stack_bottom01 = -1.25, -0.125, -1.25, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0

node_stack_bottom02 = -1.25, -0.125, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0

node_stack_bottom03 = -1.25, -0.125, 1.25, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0

node_stack_bottom04 = 0.0, -0.125, 1.25, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0

etc :)

At 2300 hours, about 500 meters off the KSP Launch Pad, an unidentified aircraft was seen carrying a bomb, of massive preportions. (apparently 2300 hours is noon in kerbal time?

avzES.png

:o

Sure, although my fee is allowing me to make an orky version for my own pack. :)

How do you want it textured? I'll make a few of them if you want, just give me some references.

mk-83_141.jpg

:)

Y'know what? I think we could use fuel crossfeed capabilities between stage decouplers. The engines themselves are enough separation to keep fuel from flowing across different stage engines and fuel tanks.

Adding now for 0.8.5

Cheers

EDIT: Yep, added.

Updated the MK-83 Explosive Device with a new texture!

http://www./?f44dgb1981ky4vi (link is also in the original post.)

I really like the bomb, but do you think it is possible to make it a bit more... Explosive? It could use a little more umpf.

Currently I can't control the explosion, but when it's availible, definantly!

;D

Intersting bug I've found with this: My Kermen seem to die at the moment the bombs detonate, regardless of the distance between the main pod and the blast. I'm pretty sure they're getting confused and boarding the bombs.

Either that, or they kill people Kerman and leave buildings standing.

Edit: Nope, I'm wrong in blaming the bombs for the death- apparently they were climbing into the RCS and getting blown to hell there, possibly because it's a command module.

On that note, I'd love to see a version of the mark 83 that had a bottom anchor point so I could put it on the tip of my crew module, just to make sure they never botch a landing.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.