Whats so special about 0.647 N, 23.505 E?

Silicon014

So I did some investigating, and I found an amazing landing location. It is perfectly situated right on the edge of a crater, its completely level for kilometers around, and provides a constant view of the planet. Also, the surrounding landscape is rather beautiful. But what else is special about this location? It is the exact location for the Apollo 11 landing. I am dubbing this exact location and surrounding area as "Neil's Landing" for future purposes, so please keep this thread alive. Rest in peace, Neil, and godspeed.

A4VoY.png?1

Heres a link to some extra pictures I took of the landing location

Edited by Silicon014

The dev team said that they will be adding an Armstrong memorial at the approx. lat+long of Tranquility Base. So the landscape should work out nicely. We'll probably see it in 0.17.

All for the better. Any person who builds a Munar base there will have the memorial as extra scenery :)

Could I have a picture of that exact location from the map view? It's impossible to place objects directly by lat/long, and the memorial is currently off by quite a ways...

Hey Nova, you have no clue how shocked I was when I saw you replied to my thread. Anyway, theres an album with everything you asked for :)